Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a 22 year history working in Vietnam, SPIR has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 5 sectors health, education, protection, livelihood and relief.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Community Preparedness and Response Trainer (CPR Trainer)
Duty Station: Yen Bai & Lao Cai
Reports To: Community Outreach and Response Project Manager
Improve capacity on Community Preparedness and Response for officials of the Women’s Union of Yen Bai/Lao Cai Province; the Women’s Union of Districts and other provincial government departments.
- Develop the materials training that meet with national standard.
- Clarify the purposes and concepts of community-based disaster risk management and vulnerability capacity assessment.
- Help to complete Hazard Map and Action Plan for community.
- Advise and build the relief programing.
- Build up a practical program on disaster response through community outreach events.
- Conduct pre and posttest assessments on trainees.
- 6 days in July, 2020
- 2 days in October 2020
- 2 days in November 2020
(Please note this is estimated dates for training activities, but subject to government approval and coordination.)
- Extensive knowledge about disaster preparedness and response.
- High priority for qualified consultants who have facilitated the disaster preparedness and response workshop for government.
- Be creative and highly adaptive to class composition dynamics.
- Be a critical and strategic thinker to evaluate and propose follow-up training plans.
References on the methodology of the training:
- Use participatory facilitation methodology.
- Prepare suitable curriculum and materials for a group of people with different experiences, different level of education.
- Encourage participation of the participants.
- Create opened-atmosphere during workshop.
- Emphasize on simple and clear lesson.
Objectives of the works:
- 100% of trainees understand disaster preparedness, mitigation, rehabilitation, and recovery activities in the communities.
- 100% of trainees understand about community-based disaster risk management.
- 100 % of trainees understandvulnerability capacity assessment.
- All groups come from the same area completing Hazard Map and Action Plan for community.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17:00 pm, June 15th, 2020.
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
19/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP