Contract type: Local, Fulltime (100% FTE)
Duration: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
Location: Ho Chi Minh City or Hai Phong
Travel requirements: Frequent travel throughout the assigned duty; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing in Viet Nam
This position will work for community programs of two sister-organizations who have registration in Viet Nam: Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) and IRD VN.
FIT VN is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. FIT now has over 30 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT was chosen to represent civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise with the mission of improving public health by alleviating the societal and individual burden caused by infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases. Our current work focuses primarily on improving TB and HIV care in Viet Nam. IRD VN works on the endTB and endTB-Q projects which have introduced and evaluated delamanid- and bedaquiline-based regimens for treatment of MDR-TB in Viet Nam. IRD VN has been implementing mobile chest X-ray screening campaigns in key populations, such as the elderly and isolated island communities. The social enterprise is the principle recipient of USAID’s Local Organization Network award, which aims to improve TB care in 10 districts of Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. IRD VN works in closer collaboration with the Vietnam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, the National TB Control Program, Provincial CDCs and TB Programs, and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by USAID, the University of San Francisco (UCSF) the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), UNITAID and Otsuka.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP), FIT and IRD VN are helping to build a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong , Hoi An, Can Tho) and several island and remote communities. In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for a highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated Community Programs Officer to support the implementation of services. We are searching for an excellent communicator, who can maintain strong relationships with government staff while training, mentoring and motivating field staff to improve project performance. This is a field-based position and candidates should be willing to spend >80% of their time doing community-based work, outside of the office.
- Participate in and support local partners, directly manage the preparation, design and implementation of project activities; including work plan, materials (program, terms of reference, training/seminar materials and communication materials, etc.) and preparation of training support equipment.
- Perform assignments under the supervision of the Community Programs Manager. Coordinate with Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital and local partners to develop operational plans and budgets on a quarterly and annual basis and implement project activities in Ho Chi Minh City in line with approved project agreements and proposals.
- Liase with local TB offiers/collaborators, do the regular field visit activities and increase work outputs to meet grant targets and deliverables.
- Actively coordinate contact investigations and screening of household and community contacts and suggest optimal solutions for project activities and effectiveness.
- Supervise and promote project activities to ensure project progress, productivity and quality.
- Troubleshoot issues with project implementation and report to the Community Program Manager to find proper solutions.
- Work closely with local partners to understand their challenges with implementation and mutually agree upon solutions for program performance with district-level authorities.
- Support the implementation of community X-ray screening events and latent TB testing and treatment activities, as needed.
- Draft reports and collect documentation and photos to meet donor requirements for narrative and financial reporting.
- Contribute to the cohesion and development of the team, proactively identifying ways to increase engagement and capacities of the team.
- Be responsible for administration and accounting work (distribution of performance-based incentives) logistics tasks in organizing conferences, training and other activities of the projects.
- Draft and track official letters and correspondence for the project.
- Maintain positive partnerships, respect partners and support colleagues.
- Other activities requested by IRD VN‘s Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to health, epidemiology, development, or management is required
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in non-profit organizations, preferably for health-related programs/projects
- Experience effectively engaging with government health entities
- Experience engaging with community healthcare workers
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in Vietnamese is required
- Some knowledge of English is preferred, but not required
- Be willing to travel
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org
- Subject: ‘Application for Community Programs Officer HCMC/HP’
- No later than 30 June 2021
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package. All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT and IRD VN are equal opportunity employers.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank