Contract type: Local, Fulltime (100% FTE)
Duration: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
Location: Ha Noi
Travel requirements: Frequent travel throughout cities; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing in Viet Nam
Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of TB prevention and care service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programmes and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, USAID, US CDC, CDC Foundation and other donor agencies. We also have multiple active research partnerships with academic institutions, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK and the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT has represented civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For more information, please visit www.tbhelp.org
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise with the mission of improving public health by alleviating the societal and individual burden caused by infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases. Our current work focuses primarily on improving TB and HIV care in Viet Nam. IRD VN works on the endTB and endTB-Q projects which have introduced and evaluated delamanid- and bedaquiline-based regimens for treatment of MDR-TB in Viet Nam. IRD VN has been implementing mobile chest X-ray screening campaigns in key populations, such as the elderly and isolated island communities. The social enterprise is the principle recipient of USAID’s Local Organization Network award, which aims to improve TB care in 10 districts of Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. IRD VN works in closer collaboration with the Viet Nam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, the National TB Control Program, Provincial CDCs and TB Programs, and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by USAID, the University of San Francisco (UCSF) the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), UNITAID and Otsuka.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP), FIT and IRD VN are helping to build a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong , Hoi An, Can Tho) and several island and remote communities. In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for a highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated Community Programs Officer, one in Hanoi and one in HCMC to support the implementation of services. We are searching for an excellent communicator, who can maintain strong relationships with government staff while training, mentoring and motivating field staff to improve project performance. This is a field-based position and candidates should be willing to spend >80% of their time doing community-based work, outside of the office.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in and support local partners, directly manage the preparation, design and implementation of project activities; including work plan, materials (program, terms of reference, training/seminar materials and communication materials, etc.) and preparation of training support equipment.
- Perform assignments under the supervision of the Community Programs Manager. Coordinate with Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital and local partners to develop operational plans and budgets on a quarterly and annual basis and implement project activities in Ha Noi & Ho Chi Minh City in line with approved project agreements and proposals.
- Liaise with local TB officers/collaborators, do the regular field visit activities and increase work outputs to meet grant targets and deliverables.
- Actively coordinate contact investigations and screening of household and community contacts and suggest optimal solutions for project activities and effectiveness.
- Supervise and promote project activities to ensure project progress, productivity and quality.
- To be community-based, work closely with local partners to explore their abilities, their commitment and to agree on solutions.
- Support the implementation of community X-ray screening events and latent TB testing and treatment activities, as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues with project implementation and report to the Community Program Manager to find proper solutions.
- Draft reports and collect documentation and photos to meet donor requirements for narrative and financial reporting.
- Contribute to the cohesion and development of the team, proactively identifying ways to increase engagement and capacities of the team.
- Be responsible for administration and accounting work (distribution of performance-based incentives) logistics tasks in organizing conferences, training and other activities of the projects.
- Draft and track official letters and correspondence for the project.
- Maintain positive partnerships, respect partners and support colleagues.
- Other activities requested by IRD VN‘s Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to health, epidemiology, development, or management is required
- Experience in working in non-profit organizations, preferably for health-related programs/projects
- Experience effectively engaging with government health entities
- Experience engaging with community healthcare workers
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in Vietnamese is required
- Some knowledge of English is preferred, but not required
- Be willing to travel
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter.
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
31/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
22/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam