JOB TITLE: Community Programs Officer
- Vacancies: 02
- Contract type: Local, Fulltime (100% FTE)
- Duration: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
- Location: Ha Noi
- Travel requirements: Frequent travel throughout cities; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing in Viet Nam
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise with the mission of improving public health by alleviating the societal and individual burden caused by infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases. Our current work focuses primarily on improving TB and HIV care in Viet Nam. IRD VN works on the endTB and endTB-Q projects which have introduced and evaluated delamanid- and bedaquiline-based regimens for treatment of MDR-TB in Viet Nam. IRD VN has been implementing mobile chest X-ray screening campaigns in key populations, such as the elderly and isolated island communities. The social enterprise is the principle recipient of USAID’s Local Organization Network award, which aims to improve TB care in 10 districts of Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. IRD VN works in closer collaboration with the Viet Nam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, the National TB Control Program, Provincial CDCs and TB Programs, and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by USAID, the University of San Francisco (UCSF) the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), UNITAID and Otsuka.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP), FIT and IRD VN are helping to build a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong , Hoi An, Can Tho) and several island and remote communities. In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for a highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated Community Programs Officer, one in Hanoi and one in HCMC to support the implementation of services. We are searching for an excellent communicator, who can maintain strong relationships with government staff while training, mentoring and motivating field staff to improve project performance. This is a field-based position and candidates should be willing to spend >80% of their time doing community-based work, outside of the office.
- Participate in and support local partners, directly manage the preparation, design and implementation of project activities; including work plan, materials (program, terms of reference, training/seminar materials and communication materials, etc.) and preparation of training support equipment.
- Perform assignments under the supervision of the Community Programs Manager. Coordinate with Hanoi Lung Hospital, Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital and local partners to develop operational plans and budgets on a quarterly and annual basis and implement project activities in Ha Noi & Ho Chi Minh City in line with approved project agreements and proposals.
- Liaise with local TB officers/collaborators, do the regular field visit activities and increase work outputs to meet grant targets and deliverables.
- Actively coordinate contact investigations and screening of household and community contacts and suggest optimal solutions for project activities and effectiveness.
- Supervise and promote project activities to ensure project progress, productivity and quality.
- To be community-based, work closely with local partners to explore their abilities, their commitment and to agree on solutions.
- Support the implementation of community X-ray screening events and latent TB testing and treatment activities, as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues with project implementation and report to the Community Program Manager to find proper solutions.
- Synthetize and draft reports of Project activities, and collect documentation and photos to meet donor requirements for narrative and financial reporting.
- Contribute to the cohesion and development of the team, proactively identifying ways to increase engagement and capacities of the team.
- Be responsible for administration and accounting work (distribution of performance-based incentives) logistics tasks in organizing conferences, training and other activities of the projects.
- Draft and track official letters and correspondence for the project.
- Maintain positive partnerships, respect partners and support colleagues.
- Other activities requested by IRD VN‘s Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to health, epidemiology, development, or management is required
- Experience in working in non-profit organizations, preferably for health-related programs/projects
- Experience effectively engaging with government health entities
- Experience engaging with community healthcare workers
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attitude, proactive at work, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in Vietnamese is required
- Some knowledge of English is preferred, but not required
- Be willing to travel
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org
- Subject: ‘Application for Community Programs Officer in HN’
- No later than 31 August 2022
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package. All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT and IRD VN are equal opportunity employers.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Administrative Clerk (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Thực tập sinh Sáng tạo Nội dung (WildAct)WildAct
Thực tập sinh Thiết kế (WildAct)WildAct
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Micro Finance Senior Internal Control Officer (MFU - WVV)World Vision Vietnam
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX