Consultancy: Help Desk Analyst - Applications Support, UNICEF New York
Job no: 539194
Position type: Consultancy
Location: United States
Division/Equivalent: Field Results Group
School/Unit: Information and Communication Technology
Department/Office: Platform and Service Delivery
Categories: Information Communication Technology
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF's ICT Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally using innovative technology-enabled solutions.
The Platform and Service Delivery (PSD) section of ICTD is responsible for defining, designing and operating the IT infrastructure, identity management, and the underlying platforms that are hosting UNICEF applications and solutions, both for in-house and in the cloud.
As mentioned in the UNICEF strategic plan 2022-2025, development of staff digital skills is a key factor for success towards the achievement of digital transformation, management efficiency and effectiveness. The ICTD/ Platform and Service Delivery (PSD) work plan for 2021 highlights a focus on:
- Improved Operational Efficiency and Posture
- Implementing the Migration to Teams Telephony
- Improved incident response process
- Capacity building
The New York Help Desk / Customer Support Services Team provides support to over 2,000 active end-users in 2021. This represents an increase of 25% from 1,500 users from the baseline a few years ago.
For 2021, in addition to supporting existing systems and applications, the New York Help Desk Team is tasked to support new projects, including:
- Remote Support of High-level Meetings/Webinars involving UNICEF HQ and ROs/FOs, partners, National Committees, public/private sector or sister UN agencies / UN SG
- Relocation of over 100 users across multiples units from different sites in the NYHQ premises
- Migration from Zoom to MS Teams
- Migration from Skype for Business to MS Teams Telephony
- Customer support for the implementation of Procurement Case Management (PCM) that involves over 80 actives users in New York HQ.
Since 13th March 2020, due to Covid-19 over 90% of New York based end-users are teleworking from various locations across the globe covering multiple time zones. The Help desk Team continues to adapt to new modalities to support and preserve the productivity of the staff wherever they are and regardless of the type of device they are using (personal or UNICEF owned device).
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide ICT Customer Support to UNICEF NYHQ users (remote and office base support) in the area of Cloud and Client Applications.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Help Desk Associate, the Help Desk Analyst is expected to:
- Provide timely and effective user support to over 2,000 user base, by assisting in the resolution of ICT incidents and service requests as first- and second-line responders.
- Enhance the successful rollout of new ICT products, processes and policy releases by acting as 'early adopters' during development and user acceptance testing; and provide critical end-user support during initial HYPERCARE release and subsequent ongoing support, and to act as product 'champions' to promote user adoption and cultural change.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have...
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma). Completion of university modules / degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, telecommunications, etc. from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements.
- Completion of A+ Certification, or equivalent working experience
- Advanced knowledge of Windows10 and the Microsoft Suite of Products (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), working knowledge of UNICEF's environment (and UNICEF proprietary software) like MS Skype For Business, MS Teams, MS SharePoint and of various computer platforms and applications: operating systems, email and database systems, Help Desk software, advanced PC/laptop/printer installation, configuration, troubleshooting an advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in information technology (IT) is required, as well as solid experience in systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, assisting end-users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools.
- Work experience in the provision of Customer Support is required, including advanced customer-focused skills (thus communication, interpersonal, and technical skills).
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- A working knowledge both of ITIL Service Delivery, and of UNICEF's incident management and service request systems, is an asset. Working knowledge of UNICEF environment is desirable.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to prioritize actions.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to keep up to date with technological development as an integral function of this role is to keep both technical and customer service soft skills current, for example through early engagement with Subject Matter Experts (whom as a best business practice, will conduct knowledge transfer clinics to HD and feedback from HD on improving end-user experience), through online self-study, and short assignments within SME units to enhance understanding and support in ICT areas like Networking, Messaging, Conferencing etc.
- Work experience with multi-cultural and diverse environments is an asset.
- Good written and oral communication skills, with fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies as articulated below.
The UNICEF Level 1 competencies required for this post are the following:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Innovates and embraces change
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered 'staff members' under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF's policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Location: New York
Deadline Apr 05 2021 Eastern Daylight TimeAPPLY HERE Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)