Consultancy - Development of farmer training content for bean production
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
HarvestPlus (www.harvestplus.org) improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and providing global leadership on biofortification evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
The Alliance on behalf of HarvestPlus, is seeking to recruit a highly-motivated consultant who will deliver on extension training material to aid in farmer training. The training material will be appropriate for use by trainers as well as by farming entrepreneurs. This work is part of deliverables of the commercialization of biofortified crops (CBC) project, which seeks to catalyze commercialization of high iron beans through a value chain approach, while integrating small-scale farmers into the formal market. The CBC project is partnership between HarvestPlus and GAIN.
Scope of Work
The consultancy aims to develop extension material that will facilitate training in bean production, post-harvest handling, and collective marketing among small-scale farmers with an aim to integrate them into the formal economy. Tasks will include the following:
• Identify the scope of content that is relevant to achieve the above overall goal.
• Sequentially compile the identified content into a training manual appropriate for adult learning.
• Prepare interactive/radio extension content for selected topics as will be agreed with the project team.
• Identify platforms that can deliver the interactive content to farmers.
• Content will be localized to Kenyan farming and marketing system for beans.
• A training manual
• Interactive/radio content for selected topics
• List of platforms that can carry the interactive content.
Consultancy Fee: Lumpsum or by mutual agreement based on agreed milestones and deliverables.
Post location: Home based
Duration: Maximum of 30 working days
Essential skills and qualifications
▪Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline
▪Demonstrated experience in delivering similar training content.
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference number Consultancy Ref: CON-KE-LC-2021-049 as the position applied. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.
The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
Closing date for applications: 21st May 2021
We invite you to learn more about us at: http://alliancebioversityciat.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank