Job no: 534534
Position type: Consultancy
Location: United States
School/Unit: Division of Analysis, Planning & Monitor
Department/Office: DAPM – Data and Analytics
Consultancy Title: Digital project manager for web development initiatives
Section/Division/Duty Station: Data and Analytics, DAPM
Duration: 18 January to 31 December 2021 (45 days)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. UNICEF has over 12,000 staff in more than 145 countries.
UNICEF is the lead agency in monitoring the wellbeing of children, with a mandate to support countries in collecting reliable data on children, as well as to track progress against internationally agreed targets including the Sustainable Development Goals. In support of this work, the UNICEF Data & Analytics Section maintains global databases on child wellbeing and makes these publicly available as a global public good.
D&A maintains data.unicef.org as the public-facing repository of data on children for UNICEF’s core audiences. In addition, D&A develops dedicated digital products to meet tailored needs, which may be hosted under data.unicef.org or maintained as independent sites.
Terms of Reference / Deliverables
D&A is seeking a digital project manager to oversee the development of two such projects, the Adolescent Data Portal (ADP) and Child Marriage Monitoring Mechanism (CMMM). In both cases, the consultant will be responsible for supporting the project team as a technical advisor through the recruitment process to identify a suitable vendor for the project, and serving as a liaison between the project team, vendor and other relevant stakeholders to ensure common understanding of expectations.
Scope of Work:
Under the overall direction of the Senior Adviser, the consultant will accomplish the following objectives for each of the two projects:
- Provide technical guidance to the project team on the solutions that best meet the objectives of the initiative
- Develop the Terms of Reference based on the needs, budget and vision of the project team
- Provide the project team with logistical and technical support through the recruitment process to identify suitable vendors to complete the projects
- Timely, accurate and informative regular reporting of project status and recommendations
- Successful project management support for ADP and CMMM digital projects
- Note: Deliverables noted are tied to key milestones in the respective projects, and the consultant will not be held responsible in the event of shortcomings on the part of these third parties, so long as the consultant had demonstrated due diligence in their advisory role throughout the recruitment and management of vendors.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, information technologies, or related field
2) Work experience
- At least 10 years working experience in interactive digital media communication, interactive marketing or digital project management
- Excellent project management skills, with accreditation (e.g. PRINCE2, APM) or Scrum Master experience preferred
- Experience selecting and procuring third-party web agencies and managing contracts
- Experience working with enterprise-level websites with localization and multiple users and groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to serve as an intermediary between vendor and project team: can communicate technical feedback to non-technical partners, and can translate user requirements into technical specifications
- Completed profile in UNICEF’s e-Recruitment system and provide Personal History Form (P11) Upload copy of academic credentials
- Financial proposal that will include:
- your daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference (can be downloaded here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_consultancy_assignments.html
- travel costs and daily subsistence allowance, if internationally recruited or travel is required as per TOR.
- Any other estimated costs: visa, health insurance, and living costs as applicable.
- Indicate your availability
- Any emergent / unforeseen duty travel and related expenses will be covered by UNICEF.
- At the time the contract is awarded, the selected candidate must have in place current health insurance coverage.
- Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed satisfactory deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
U.S. Visa information:
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant’s household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G4.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: Dec 10 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application close: Dec 31 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/534534
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam