Job no: 536469
Position type: Consultancy
Location: United States
Office of the Secretary of the Ex Board
Office of the Sec of the ExBoard Section
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a commitment
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide support to the Documentation Team in the Office of the Secretary of the Executive Board (OSEB) with an archiving project. The consultant will accurately archive Executive Board documentation and convert the documents into a format suitable for public consumption. Given the number of documents to be archived, the current staff and consultants are unable to complete their workloads while devoting the time needed to complete the project in a timely fashion.
The Office is comprised of eight staff members. It is responsible for maintaining an effective relationship between the Executive Board and the UNICEF secretariat.
Since its inception, UNICEF has produced and accumulated Executive Board documents related to its sessions, meetings and activities. These documents provide an institutional memory for the organization, and can provide evidence, explanation and justification for past decisions made by the organization. Given the significance and the scale of UNICEF’s work for children and families worldwide, it is the organization’s obligation to ensure preservation of such materials for future generations as an indispensable source on UNICEF’s history and activities, and to ensure full transparency by making them available publicly. The archiving project aims to create a complete digital library of all Executive Board documents.
How can you make a difference?
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Planning Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Executive Board, and will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide support to the OSEB Documentation Team in building a historical archive of documents and records.
- Organize electronic data, files and/or paper documents for archiving into digital storage.
- Maintain a list of files cataloged for the archive.
- Resize files as needed for adequate viewing as PDFs.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro to re-scan documents as needed in searchable PDF format with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to allow for word searches in the documents.
- Extract documents from batch scan file into discrete documents and save as individual files.
- Remove blank or unusable pages from the file as needed.
- Follow OSEB archive naming conventions for new files.
- Save and store files in online (cloud) storage (SharePoint) and add metadata for each file as needed.
- Verify the quality of the files to ensure the digitized version accurately represents the content of the original document and that the information is legible and files names adhere to the approved naming convention.
- Complete any other tasks related to the archiving assignment that may be assigned by the supervisor.
The selected candidate will work virtually (offsite, via electronic communication – telephone, email, Skype for Business, WhatsApp etc.) for the duration of the contract, and is required to remain in constant communication with the supervisor during working hours, as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant administrative or clerical work.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Native-speaking ability in English. Knowledge of French, Spanish or other United Nations official languages (Arabic, Chinese or Russian) is an asset.
- Ability to multitask where compliance with deadlines is needed is critical.
- Training and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat and other UNICEF applications.
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA)
The functional competencies required for this post are: planning and organizing, technological awareness, team work and communication.
View our competency framework at
Competency Framework Brochure.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Interested candidates who fully meet the requirements of the position are kindly asked to send their applications by close of business 8 December 2020
with a cover letter including the names of three professional references, CV and financial proposal (please include details of the daily rate in United States dollars and indicate whether the rate is negotiable or non-negotiable.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Deadline: 8 December 2020
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/536469
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất