Consultancy for Collecting Raw Data by Conducting Face to Face Interviews for the Endline Survey of GREENcoffee Project
TERM OF REFERENCE
Duty: Collecting raw data by conducting face to face interviews for the Endline Survey of GREENcoffee Project
Project: Information services for sustainable coffee farm management – GREENcoffee Vietnam
Time: February 24th to March 10th 2020
Location: 4 provinces of Highlands: Gia Lai, Daknong, Daklac and Lam Dong
Report to: Country Manager and M&E Officer
ICCO Cooperation is a global, non-governmental organization. We work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice.
ICCO is an independent non-governmental organization with business features. Our aim is to secure the livelihoods and rights of farmers and small businesses in low and middle-income countries.
Despite the fall in the number of people living in extreme poverty in the past decades, poverty remains pervasive and inequalities continue to increase. Millions of people are unable to realize their full potential.
We envision a world where people are empowered to build sustainable livelihoods within a society that upholds their rights. Our mission is to strengthen sustainable agricultural systems and realize resilient communities, with a special focus on women and youth.
About GREENcoffee project
The GREENcoffee Vietnam (G4AW Information Services for sustainable coffee farm management) project was awarded a grant by NSO and took off in October 2016. It targets a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 coffee farmers to increase their production, income, food security and reduces the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides.
The project focuses on at least 100.000 Robusta coffee farmers in the Central Highlands region in Vietnam. The services can easily be extended for other types of crops and/or implemented to other regions in Vietnam. The project period runs from October 2016 – to September 2019 and has been extending 1 year up to September 2020.
Introduced link about the GREENcoffee project: https://www.icco-cooperation.org/en/project/geodata-for-agriculture-and-…
Objectives of project:
Total number of coffee producers that have been reached by services provided within the project
Total number of people that have received indirect training or education within the project
Total number of individual coffee producers having a subscription to one or multiple service(s) provided within the project
(1st order users)
Level: Use of service
Number of coffee producers with improved production as a result of using the service(s) provided within the project? Total
Improvement of coffee production (crop yield increase in kg/ha and %) as a result of using the service(s) provided within the project
Number of coffee producers with reduced use of inputs as a result of using the service(s) – Total
Improvement in effective use of water (%) as a result of using the service(s) provided within the project
Improvement in effective use of fertilizer (%) as a result of using the service(s) provided within the project
Improvement in effective use of pesticides (%) as a result of using the service(s) provided within the project
Number of coffee producers with increased income as a result of using the service(s) provided within the project – Total
Increase in income (%) for coffee producers as a result of the service provided within the project
Improved access to support services for vegetable farmers
Objective of endline survey
- Monitoring the GC project’s achievement in comparison with project’s outputs and outcomes which mentioned in the project’s indicators above.
- Evaluate the impacts of project on the beneficiaries, stakeholders and socio-economy with specific indicators mentioned in the project:
- Document lessons-learnt stories
- Report to consortium, stakeholders and donors
Objectives of third party
The third party is aimed at providing experienced and qualified survey team with around 10 members to conduct face to face interviews with 393 farmers in 4 provinces of Highland following the existing list we have done in the baseline survey in March 2017 to collect raw data, input into AKVO FLOW App and finish accurate checking with ICCO M&E Officer.
Delivery of third party
The third party will work with M&E team of GREENcoffee project including M&E Manager and M&E Officer. To meet the objectives, the third party has to fulfil following tasks:
- The whole survey team attend training provided by ICCO M&E team.
- The whole survey team conduct face to face interviews with 393 farmers in 4 provinces following the list provided by ICCO M&E team.
- The whole survey team input raw data into AKVO FLOW and collaborate with ICCO M&E team to clean data for accuracy.
- Coordinate with M&E team to conduct KIPs interviews.
Face to Face Interview
- According to Baseline survey, we re-interview the target group which conducted in baseline survey to see how they were improved/ benefited from GC project based on the project’s indicators.
- Collect two successful stories from the field for documentary.
- Using ALVO FLOW tools to collect data.
Week 8-9: Attend training provided by ICCO M&E team (1 day)
Week 9-10: Conducting face-to-face interviews to 393 farmers in 4 provinces following the list and submit complete data
Week 10-11: Checking accuracy with ICCO M&E team
The third party will work under the direct supervision of ICCO M&E Officer.
The third party will be ultimately responsible to the ICCO Regional Office South East Asia Office.
Duration of assignment and Duty station
The consultancy will be conducted from 28 February to 15th March 2020. The duty station is in Daklac, Daknong, Lam Dong and Gia Lai of Vietnam
- Have good knowledge of coffee cultivation and good relations with big coffee companies.
- Knowing well geography conditions in the Central Highland.
- Good skill of interviews and data collection in Central Highland, especially experienced in data collection using AKVO FLOW.
- Experience in working with local and international organizations/companies.
- Individuals or teams who participated in the baseline survey of the GREENcoffee will get added points.
A complete raw data report of 393 farmers interviewed will be extracted from AKVO FLOW, then will be checked, cleaned and confirmed by ICCO M&E team.
Work plan, including activity schedules
Attend survey training provided by ICCO M&E team: W8 & W9
Conducting interviews, input data to AKVO FLOW App, submit complete data: W9 & W10
Checking data accuracy with ICCO M&E team: W9, W10, & W11
Interested applicants must submit the following document/information (in PDF format) to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Technical component:
- Profile of your organization and CVs of the proposed survey team
- Demonstrates samples of work and has proven track record of illustration work
2. Financial proposal (with your signature)
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount in VND including consultancy fees and all associated costs.
- Please note that the cost of preparing a proposal and of negotiating a contract, including any related travel, is not reimbursable as a direct cost of the assignment.
Deadline for Application: 25th February 2020Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children
02/02/2021Save the Children