TERMS OF REFERENCE
Consolidation of best weed management practices and development of an integrated weed management manual
The Global Coffee Platform (GCP) is an inclusive multi-stakeholder sustainability platform that convenes coffee stakeholders, prioritizes sustainability issues and catalyzes local action and progress measurement in collaboration with country platforms to create a thriving and sustainable coffee sector. Members of the Global Coffee Platform include farmers and farmer organizations, traders (exporters and importers), coffee roasters and retailers, other supply chain actors, civil society organizations, coffee associations and others.
GCP’s Collective Action Initiatives (CAI) optimize sustainability investments and multiply impact through pooling resources, knowledge, and networks to collectively address country specific sustainability gaps. By partnering with GCP, participants of a CAI support the coffee sector to identify and address complex issues through a structured and collaborative approach.
In June 2020, GCP Vietnam launched a 5-year Collective Action Initiative for effective and responsible use and management of agro-inputs in Vietnam, which focuses on addressing the responsible use of agro-inputs (especially herbicides) in the coffee sector in Vietnam by improving the enabling environment and sector policies, providing support and training to farmers and stakeholders in the Central Highlands and conducting research to gather and document best practices and lessons learned. Results of the Initiative will be shared with Vietnamese and International coffee sector stakeholders in order to upscale best practices. The Initiative has drawn high attention and commitments from roasters, including Nestlé, JDE and Tchibo as well as from organisations as the Sustainable Trade Initiative – IDH and the Lavazza Foundation and is being promoted to additional interested actors to participate in this initiative.
In this context, GCP is looking for consulting services for consolidation of best weed management practices and development of an integrated weed management manual.
2.1. Overall objective: Consolidating effective and alternative weed management practices to reduce environmental pollution, improve the livelihood of coffee farmers, reduce production costs and meet the MRL regulatory requirements of destination markets for the coffee produced in Vietnam.
2.2. Specific objectives: Develop an integrated weed management manual, which will be officially recognized and endored by MARD to be used for TOTs and TOFs in the Coffee sector. The manual consists of at least but not limited to following contents:
- Common types of weeds in the Central Highlands
- Weed prevention
- Different weed management control methods (physical/mechanical, cultural, biological, chemical, …) including pro & cons
- Integrated weed control management
- Using herbicides correctly including spot spraying and calibration of spray equipment and nozzles
- Herbicide toxity including impact on human health, bio-diversity, soil health,…
- Chemical handling and disposal of used chemical containers
- Safety in weed management
- MRL regulatory requirements inclusive economic and reputational risks
Specifically, the consultant is expected to:
- Consolidate best weed management practices including pro and cons and
- Compile an integrated weed management training manual highlighting best practices.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
||Progress report summarizing results of the literature review||8 November 2020|
||23 November 2020|
||9 December 2020|
||23 December 2020|
4. Consultant qualification
For this assignment we expect an agriculture consultant who brings the following assets/experiences:
- Experienced and knowledgeable about coffee agronomy and compilation of training materials for the Agriculture Sector
- Having at least 10 years working experiences in plant protection/agriculture sector
- Education background (Master, preferably PhD degree) on plant protection, agriculture, economics;
- Fluency in both specialized Vietnamese and English languages and
- Clear communicator, capable of translating complex information into an accessible and understandable format.
The procedure will be as follows:
- Announcement of assignment: 08 October 2020
- Submission of proposals plus quotations by candidates: prior to 23 October 2020
- Criteria for assessment of the proposals:
|Relevant qualifications on education or other similar disciplines & experiences in similar assignments (Composition of the expert team, CVs of experts & Profile of the Company must be submitted along with the proposal)|
|Reasonable time plan|
|Cost of the assignment|
- Evaluation of the candidates’ proposals and decision made on selection of consultant
- Contract signing: 28 October 2020.
6. Deadline for proposal submission: 23 October 2020
7. Contact information
For any question, please contact Ms. Doan Tran Thu Thuy – Project Officer, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)