Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights, with a special focus on equality for girls. Plan International has over 80 years experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world.
Plan International has been working in northern and central Vietnam since 1993. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to start life and grow up physically and mentally healthy and as adolescents so they are leading the way to shape their own future. We believe girls have the power to change the world. Our ambition is to work alongside them and together take action so that 2 million girls in Vietnam can learn, lead, decide and thrive by 2022.
Plan International Vietnam (PIV) is going to implement a 3-year project named “Promoting economic empowerment for disadvantaged youth in Ha Giang and Lai Chau”, which is funded by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Plan International Japan. The project duration is March 2021 to February 2024 and will take place in 13 communes in Ha Giang and Lai Chau provinces.
There are 3 components to achieve this project which are (1) economic empowerment, (2) promotion of gender equality, and (3) partnership development and create a supportive environment for youth’s economic development. All the components mainly target youth (aged 15 to 30) in ethnic minority areas, along with district agriculture service center staffs and people living in the areas. It expects to reach 3,706 direct beneficiaries and 60,000 indirect beneficiaries.
2. Objectives of the training manual and TOT training to promote gender equality:
Under Plan International Vietnam (PIV), component 2 aims to promote gender equality in the ethnic minority groups. To promote women’s participation in economic activities, promoting gender equality to youth, government staffs, and parents/caregivers of youth in the target areas is essential. Gender equal environment will create space where all people in the target area, no matter their gender, can participate in their family finance management equally and meaningfully. It can also actively challenge gender stereotypes in their daily lives, such as homes and society.
It is expected to have the package enable PIV and its partners to achieve its target in the project.
Specific objectives are:
- Enhance understanding about gender, gender equality and related laws and policies, focusing on role and participation of ethnic minority women in economic, social, and cultural activities in the target areas
- Challenge social and gender norms and harmful practices related to women’s capacity and their participation in economy
- Provide guidance and trainings that help local facilitators to be able to roll out 2-day training courses and youth club activity which is organized once in three months on gender equality and women’s participation in economic activities
- Improve skills on facilitating and managing group activities, organizing training activities for youth
3. Timeframe: in October and November 2021
4. Location: TOT trainings will be held in Lai Chau and Ha Giang
5. How to apply: Please access this link for detailed TOR. The consultants or consultancy companies who are interested in offering these consultancy services, please submit the proposal package for providing the works along with the latest CVs of all members the following email: VNM.Procurement@plan-international.org
6. Contact at Plan: Nguyen Thi Bich Ngoc, Project Assistant, email: email@example.com
7. Deadline of submission: the application should be sent before 23:59 19/09/2021
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross