TERMS OF REFERENCE
Exploration of options to develop a collection scheme for used agro-chemical containers
The Global Coffee Platform (GCP) is an inclusive multi-stakeholder sustainability platform that convenes coffee stakeholders, prioritizes sustainability issues and catalyzes local action and progress measurement in collaboration with country platforms to create a thriving and sustainable coffee sector. Members of the Global Coffee Platform include farmers and farmer organizations, traders (exporters and importers), coffee roasters and retailers, other supply chain actors, civil society organizations, coffee associations and others.
GCP’s Collective Action Initiatives (CAI) optimize sustainability investments and multiply impact through pooling resources, knowledge, and networks to collectively address country specific sustainability gaps. By partnering with GCP, participants of a CAI support the coffee sector to identify and address complex issues through a structured and collaborative approach.
In June 2020, GCP Vietnam launched a 5-year Collective Action Initiative for effective and responsible use and management of Agro-inputs in Vietnam, which focuses on addressing the responsible use of Agro-inputs (especially herbicides) in the coffee sector in Vietnam by improving the enabling environment and sector policies, providing support and training to farmers and stakeholders in the Central Highlands and conducting research to gather and document best practices and lessons learned. Results of the Initiative will be shared with Vietnamese and International coffee sector stakeholders in order to upscale best practices. The Initiative has drawn high attention and commitments from roasters, including Nestlé, JDE and Tchibo as well as from organizations and coffee trading companies as the Sustainable Trade Initiative – IDH, the Lavazza Foundation, Neumann Kaffee Gruppe- NKG and Sucden is being promoted to additional interested actors to participate in this initiative.
In this context, GCP is looking for consulting services to explore options to develop a collection scheme for used agro-chemical containers.
Overall objective: Finding feasible, environmentally friendly and economically viable schemes for collection and treatment/re-use of Agro-chemical containers.
2.1. Specific objectives:
Specifically, the consultant is expected to:
- Formulate an outline of the study including its implementation method and approach;
- Formulate a study report with clear business case analysis and economic comparison of different options for collection and treatment of Agrochemical containers + Projection of cost/benefits & advantages/disadvantages over a longer period beyond just cost and
- Disseminate the results and key findings to public and private Coffee Sector ‘s stakeholders via a workshop or a public event organized by GCP Collective Action Initiative
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
|i) Formulate an outline of the study||
||30 June 2021|
|ii) Conduct a literature review and carry out interviews with key informants if needed||
||15 July 2021|
|iii) A business case analysis and a clear economic comparison of different options for collection and treatment of Agro-chemical containers + Projection of benefits & disadvantages over a longer period beyond just cost and a pilot collection scheme for used Agro-input containers deployed (engagement and facilitation); assessment of the reasons why big agro-input producers may not be interested to organize collection schemes. Issue of environmental tax payment vs govt. Responsibility.||
||31 July 2021|
|iv) Policy note recommending best practices on handling empty chemical containers developed and submitted to MARD||
||15 August 2021|
|v) Present results and recommendations of the survey in a sharing workshop||
4. Consultant qualification
For this assignment we expect an agricultural economist who brings the following assets/experiences:
- Experienced and knowledgeable about environmental economics, circular economies and industrial waste treatment/recycling;
- Having at least 15 years working experience in the industrial agro-chemical and waste treatment/recycling sector
- Education background (Master, preferably PhD degree) on environmental economics;
- Fluency in both Vietnamese and English languages;
- Clear communicator, capable of translating complex information into an accessible and understandable format.
The procedure will be as follows:
- Announcement of the assignment: 12 June 2021
- Submission of proposals plus quotations by candidates: prior to 19 June 2021
- Criteria for assessment of the proposals:
|Relevant qualifications on education or other similar disciplines & experiences in similar assignments (Composition of the expert team, CVs of experts & Profile of the Company must be submitted along with the proposal)|
|Reasonable time plan|
|Cost of the assignment|
- Evaluation of the candidates’ proposals and decision made on selection of consultant
- Contract signing: 21 June 2021.
6. Deadline for proposal submission: 19 June 2021
7. Contact information
For any question, please contact Ms. Le Phuong Tu – Project Officer, via email: email@example.com
GCP is looking for consulting services to explore options to develop a collection scheme for used agro-chemical containers.
- A business case analysis and a clear economic comparison of different options for collection and treatment of Agro-chemical containers
- Projection of benefits & disadvantages over a longer period beyond just cost and a pilot collection scheme for used Agro-input containers deployed (engagement and facilitation)
- Assessment of the reasons why big agro-input producers may not be interested to organize collection schemes. Issue of environmental tax payment vs govt. Responsibility.
Please submit your proposal before 19 June to Ms. Le Phuong Tu – Project Officer, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Location: Vietnam Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank