TERMS OF REFERENCE
Consultancy for production of a video clip for Coffee Agroforestry and Forest Enhancement for REDD+ (Café-REDD) project
Project title: Coffee Agroforestry and Forest Enhancement for REDD+ (Café-REDD)
Location: Lam Dong province, Vietnam
Duration: May 2021
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term country presence in over 29 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services - empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 40 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam’s team works hand-in-hand with communities, government agencies, and businesses in more than 50 provinces, including the remotest and poorest areas of the country. Our work focuses on three sectors - Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene (WASH) - and three cross-cutting themes: Climate Change, Gender, and Inclusive Business. By continuing to focus on these interconnected areas and adapting and expanding our approach within them, we will reach more people in Vietnam and beyond and ensure that they have every opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty.
The Coffee Agroforestry and Forest Enhancement for REDD+ (Café-REDD) – is a project being implemented by The Netherlands Development Organisation SNV. The project funded by the German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU). The project will reduce deforestation and forest degradation by addressing the conversion of forest to agriculture in a priority conservation landscape – The Lang Biang landscape (comprising Bi Doup Nui Ba National Park and Buffer Zone). The project seeks to broaden its impact through the development of high-quality knowledge products and by hosting (sub-)national and regional learning events on REDD+, sustainable agriculture and deforestation-free supply chains. By addressing deforestation, forest degradation and forest landscape restoration, the project also indirectly contributes to strengthening biodiversity conservation in a priority ecoregion.
In order to document and share the approach and impact of the Café-REDD project, a video clip will be produced. SNV is looking for a qualified consultant(s) to work with SNV to produce a 5–8-minute video clip in compliance with terms and requirements as detailed below.
- Consultancy description
To have a video clip for sharing and promoting the approach and impact of the Café-REDD project. The target audience are organizations and businesses are working in development, national and international enterprises in the field of processing and exporting coffee; experts working in agriculture as well as general people with an interest in these topics. The video clip will be used in upcoming workshops and events as well as on SNV media platforms.
2.2. Scope of work
- The video clip producer(s) will work over the period of two (2) months, from 1 May and hand over the final deliverable latest before 30 June.
- Scoping visit to the project areas and stakeholders.
- Work together with the project team to create the script/storyline to develop the video’s narrative.
- Shoot the footages and interview key stakeholders in Lam Dong and value chain of coffee.
- Process and edit footages/animations to develop a professional 5–8-minute video clip.
- Deliver the final product and provide the video clip in original format and one light version for social media channel.
- SNV will help to connect to stakeholders and assure proper introductions to the stakeholders.
- The video will adhere to SNV visibility guidelines.
|No||Task||Timeline (in 2020)|
|1.||Recruitment & Interview||April – W3,4|
|2.||Contracting||April – W4|
|3.||Field filming trip in Lam Dong province||May – W1,2|
|4.||Process and edit footage||May – W3,4; June – W1,2|
|5.||Final products delivery All final raw footages will be delivered to Café-REDD project team after filming trip||Before June 30, 2021|
- Submit draft movie for comments and suggestions
- Final video with voice-over in English and Vietnamese subtitle
- All final raw footages will be hand-over to SNV
- Final video with approval from SNV
2.5 Consultant qualifications
- Proven experience in videography, especially in short documentary films.
- Interest in development work and relevant issues, especially on agricultural value chain sector would be a strong advantage.
- Inspirational and artistic.
- Skills and proven experience in working in local settings and in ethnic communities.
- Portfolio with similar video produced by the consultant(s).
A lump-sum to cover fee, as appropriate, will be paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment. Remuneration will be subject to the qualification of the consultant and to agreement on services provided by the consultant in relation to the SNV’s financial regulation.
The contract will be in form of lump sum with the proposed total budget covering consultancy fee, VAT/PIT tax.
- Submission of Interests:
Interested consultant(s) are requested to submit interest letter with profile/CV, example(s) of video(s) (mandatory) and proposed lump-sum cost to the link HERE
- Deadline for application: 17:00, 12/04/2021.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy