|Contracted work:||Research about trading of wildlife on online platforms|
|Location of Services:||Virtually/Emails|
|Date(s) of performance of Services:||21 Oct – 2 Dec 2020|
|Report to:||PO of LEA team|
Viet Nam is among the countries in the region with higher percentage of internet users, at 68.7 usersper 100 people in 2019. Easy access to the Internet facilitates online trade of products, includingwildlife products also. For example, TRAFFIC Viet Nam found 1,095 tiger product items wereadvertised for sale online in less than two weeks of surveys in 2019.
However, scope of online trading of wildlife products is not studied thoroughly, yet. Therefore, research about trading of wildlife products on online platforms will help to bridge the information gap. The research will inform WCS’ work on combatting online wildlife trade, including outreach torelevant authorities and provide opportunities for engagement with online platforms as relevant.
To understand the prevalence and nature of lion bones and lion products trading on online platformsthrough research and production of a report.
1. Collect online information mentioned key words about wildlife and posted in different platformsin a defined period of time:
- Online platforms include websites, forums, e-commerce sites, blogs, social media (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Tik Tok, Zalo, WeChat)
- Duration: 2-year period, from 1 Sept. 2018 to 30 Nov. 2020. Before collecting related information in 2-year period, WCS will require the consultant to collect related information in most recent 2-month period (August to September 2020) to test effectiveness of key words and make adjustments if needed.
2. Analyze collected information and develop a report in accordance with abovementioned Objectives.
- 2 Oct. – 16 Oct.: open bidding announcement
- 16 Oct. – 28 Oct.: review proposals and prepare consultant contract
- 28 Oct. – 18 Nov.: collect related information in most recent 2-months period (August to September 2020) to test and make adjustments if needed
- 18 Nov. – 9 Dec.: collect related information in 2-year period, from 1 Sept. 2018 to 30 Nov. 2020,analyze and report
V. Outputs / Deliverables:
- A report about situation of lion bones and lion products trading on online platforms for a period1 Sept. 2018 –30 Nov. 2020
- Raw data, including spreadsheets, photos/screenshots, videos……
VI. Professional fee and expenses:
The estimated budget, and corresponding methodology and work plan will be submitted by the service provider/independent consultant, and approved by WCS in compliance with WCS Vietnam’s norms.
VII. Application Procedure:
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending CV with proof of relevant experience to WCS, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00, 16 October 2020 at the latest. WCS will provide further guidance and requirement to interested candidates.
Email should have subject: “Interest for online platforms research”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)