1. Background of consultancy assignment/project
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/
The Carbon and Biodiversity Project phase II (CarBi II) is implemented by WWF through KfW, and part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag. This is one of the priority conservation programmes in the Central Annamites Landscape (CAL), which holds one of the biggest contiguous natural forests in continental Asia, constituting a reservoir of rich and unique biodiversity. The CAL is home to many endemic species including the saola (Pseudoryx nghetinhensis), large–antlered muntjac (Muntiacus vuquangensis), Truong son muntjac (Muntiacus truongsonensis), owston’s civet (Chrotogale owstoni), crested argus (Rheinardia ocellata), Annamite striped rabbit (Nesolagus timminsi), as well as other species of high conservation value including gibbon (Nomascus annamenis), red and grey–shanked douc langurs (Pygathrix spp) and several pheasants (Lophura spp). The landscape as a whole contains 134 mammal species and over 500 birds. The CAL is included as part of the Annamite Range Moist Forests, one of the Global 200 Ecoregions which have been identified as the most crucial areas for conservation of global biodiversity (Olson & Dinerstein 1998). Within the Indochina region it is recognized as being an important biodiversity corridor containing multiple Key Biodiversity Areas within the CarBi II target areas of Quang Nam and Thua Thien Hue Provinces.
WWF has supported Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam provinces in improving PFES implementation since 2014, and supported the development of a suitable monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework for PFES implementation, followed by the testing of the tools developed in the two pre-selected provinces referred to above. These results were also fed back up into national level agreements on country-wide adoption of an M&E framework, and the tools have been applied by related PFES agencies. CarBi II also selected some PFES areas in Nam Dong, A Luoi (Thua Thien Hue), and Dong Giang, Tay Giang (Quang Nam) for continuous supporting in order to improve the process of PFES payment mechanism as schedule by relevant authorities.
CarBi II will also conduct a structured Village Development Fund (VDF) strategy in selected villages which are negatively impacting on the relevant Protected Areas, and also support prioritised interventions for improving selected CFMs’ capacity and management. CarBi II has thus adopted a strong multi-pronged community engagement programme which is aimed at providing impacted communities with feasible alternative livelihood opportunities, sustainably.
2. Aim of consultancy
CarBi II is seeking an accomplished and highly motivated livelihood consultancy to develop a livelihood strategy that will provide a clear roadmap with pilot models which will promote sustainable livelihoods linked to forest and wildlife conservation, forest restoration and sustainable use of ecosystems and natural resources in the project area, including an impact monitoring framework.
- Relevant Bachelor degree or higher in related subjects such as socio-economics, sustainable development, etc. Post graduate training in socio-economic development will be advisable.
- At least 7 years of experience and a successful track record in building and operating alternative livelihood strategies, with priority given to consultants who have experience in working with WWF and relevant government partners, especially in Quang Nam and Thua Thien Hue provinces
- Proven experience and track record of success in developing impact monitoring systems, especially in the area of measuring the effectiveness of funding mechanisms in enhancing socio-economic and biodiversity impact
- Some experience in KFW projects’ village development is advisable.
- Experience in the areas of payment for forest environment services, forestry or conservation services is advisable.
- Proven track record of working with local communities, especially in remote and ethnic minority communities.
- Skilled in assessing training needs, and drafting as well as implementation of participatory training programmes.
- Good report writing skills in both English and Vietnamese
(Please see attached TOR for more details)
4. How to apply
Interested consultant/consultant service provider, please submit your application (CV and technical and financial proposal) to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in copy by April 30th, 2020.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation