Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Public Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 16 March 2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Office in Bangkok is seeking applications for an Individual Specialist to develop a series of communication materials to enhance UNESCO’s visibility in Asia-Pacific region.
The Public Information and Outreach (PIO) Unit helps shape UNESCO Bangkok’s public image and raise the organization’s visibility in the Asia-Pacific region through media and communications outreach, publications, the office website and social media. PIO supports the communications goals of all units across the organization’s areas of competence in Asia-Pacific. PIO works with programme units to prepare overall communications strategies, develop messaging and communication goals and implement strategies through appropriate media. As a central unit operating under the Executive Office, PIO fields regular requests from colleagues for communications-related support around initiatives, publications, campaigns etc. PIO also oversees the UNESCO Bangkok website and social media channels, ensuring that content is engaging for all of UNESCO’s stakeholders, including external audiences. The successful candidate will play an essential role in devising communications strategies and ensuring that UNESCO Bangkok’s outreach through its primary platforms is engaging and effective.
Within the framework of the project, under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and the direct supervision of the Head of the Executive Office and the PIO Team Leader, the Individual Specialist shall develop communication materials to enhance UNESCO’s visibility in Asia-Pacific region.
The Individual Specialist shall specifically perform the following tasks:
- Provide support for media and communication, pursuing content partnerships with media, as well as receiving press queries and facilitating interviews follow-up with colleagues in both the Bangkok office, field offices, and UNESCO headquarters;
- Assist UNESCO’s work for UN Communications and Regional Coordination Mechanism (RCM) group meetings, seeking and building links and exchanges as per the One UN framework;
- Write and edit public information materials (press releases, media advisories, feature articles, op-eds, etc.) for Asia‐Pacific media (both traditional and new media) in a journalistic style and in coordination with programme staff;
- Act as a media relations specialist for UNESCO at high-profile national conferences and special events, liaising with partner agencies as needed in communications outreach;
- Provide inputs into and contribute to the development and implementation of the office-wide new public information and outreach strategy as well as help guide the development of centralized outreach products (videos and infographics pertaining to office-wide activities, etc);
- Collaborate with Social Media Associate to ensure optimal use of channels to advance communication objectives.
- Work with unit chiefs and the Director’s office in the preparation, editing and finalization of Director’s remarks for high-level events;
- Monitor media coverage and report regularly on resulting UNESCO’s visibility; propose strategies to achieve better visibility and impact;
- Undertake additional tasks as and when assigned by the PIO team leader or by the Director of UNESCO Bangkok.
In line with UNESCO’s overall gender mainstreaming strategy, the Individual Specialist is expected to integrate a gender perspective in all activities and apply gender analysis and mainstreaming concepts whenever feasible.
The Individual Specialist may be required to travel on mission directly related to programme/projects and implementation during the assignment. Individual Specialist should travel economy class and received DSA at no more than 75% of the standard rate (and which should be reduced, as necessary, when the number of days of DSA exceeds the limits stipulated in the table of rates published by ICSC). DSA is only payable to individuals carrying out assignments away from their usual place of residence or work. Individual Specialist is expected to make her/his own travel arrangements and should be provided with a lump sum to cover travel-related expenses in accordance with UNESCO rules and regulations. Travel-related expenses (e.g. the cost of tickets, terminal fares and DSA) must be fixed and agreed between the parties.
Supervision and Working Agreement:
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, Bangkok, and the direct supervision of the Team leader of PIO, the Individual Specialist will work in Bangkok and at UNESCO Bangkok office.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Required Qualifications for Specialized Knowledge/Experience:
· Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in communications, journalism, or a related discipline.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills (oral and written), especially interviewing and writing for mainstream media.
• Experience developing and implementing successful communications strategies/campaigns.
• Experience working within the UN system/familiarity with UNESCO’s mandate/relationship with Member States and stakeholders as well as the UN approach to communications.
• Familiarity and established contacts with Asia-Pacific media outlets.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam