UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, Education
UNICEF is seeking for Individual Consultancy on Clean Air and Environments for Preschool Children in Viet Nam
- Job no: 556364
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Hanoi
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Viet Nam
- Categories: Education
Purpose and objectives:
The national consultancy aims to provide professional technical and operational assistance to UNICEF Viet Nam and MOET in addressing the impact of air pollution on the development of preschool children and promote green habits for a clean environment in preschools and communities through the following activities:
- Development of training materials and conducting trainings on child-centred integrated air quality management, promotion of green habits for a clean environment for preschool education managers and teachers in Dien Bien province and Ho Chi Minh City;
- Undertake a study on an investment case on child-centred integrated air quality management for public preschools in Viet Nam.and its impact on young children’s education, learning and well-being at preschools in Viet Nam.
The main objectives of this assignment are to:
- (1) build capacity for preschool education managers and teachers in Dien Bien province and Ho Chi Minh City on child-centred integrated air quality management, promotion of green habits for a clean environment; and
- (2) understand the challenge, the opportunity, what needs to be done, what will cost, what benefits and outcomes that the education sector can gain back through the investment on child-centred integrated air quality management for public preschools in Viet Nam.
Ultimately, the analytical study of investment will be an essential advocacy tool to demonstrate the cost and value of the investment and identify financial gaps, necessary resources and commitment required on addressing air pollution and its impacts on the learning and overall well-being of young children, contributing to the advocacy of this issue in education in the 2021-2030 Education Development Strategic Plan (EDSP) in Viet Nam. It will also offer an opportunity to position UNICEF Viet Nam in the support of the Government of Viet Nam for the best interest of every child.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to the assigned requisition in UNICEF Vacancies: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/:
- Letter of interest and confirmation of availability;
- Technical proposal which clearly explains the outline on how to deliver the tasks and deliverables (preferably less than 3 pages);
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available);
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including consultancy fee, travel and accommodation cost for this assignment as per work assignment;
Closing Deadline: Wednesday 2 November 2022 at 23:55 hrs Viet Nam TimeKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact