Tender Notice: Consultancy on comparison on the forest protection model sustainability between ‘community forest management’ model and ‘specialized forest protection’ model in Dong Giang district, Quang Nam province
1. Background of consultancy assignment/project
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/
The Central Annamites landscape is a priority for WWF conservation activities, spanning two provinces of Quang Nam and Thua Thien Hue where WWF has its field offices and staff in both Tam Ky and Hue cities and has over 20 years of experience in implementing a number of large-scale conservation programs in this area.
The Strengthening Civil Society to accelerate conservation effort in the Central Annamites project funded by Sida through WWF – Viet Namhasstarted its support since the beginning of 2018 and facilitated the establishment of Community forest management (CFM) model in some areas with natural forest being contracted with communities for protection in Song Kon and A Ting communes, Dong Giang district where there is a vast complex of natural forests being planned for protection and special use purposes.
However, due to some limitation and inadequacy in the current policy of social forestry models (forest allocation to community together with land-use certificates, forest protection contract) that have resulted in limited efficiency of some CFM models. This may lead to the reluctance of provincial policy-making agencies in promoting and investing in the CFM model in the coming time in Quang Nam. Beside CFM, there were some specialized forest protection models established in Dong Giang district in early 2020. The models gained some certain initial achievements in forest protection and management.
Given this context and upon the request of FPD/DARD Quang Nam, the Sida funded project is seeking a qualified consultant (team) to conduct an integrated assessment on the efficiency and effectiveness of CFM model regarding social- economic and environmental aspects from some selected project CFM models in A Ting and Song Kon communes. This assessment will be carried out in relative comparison with some ‘specialized forest protection team’ models that are rolling out in Dong Giang district of Quang Nam province. The outcomes of this assessment will be considered as a scientific ‘reference source’ for Quang Nam FPD/DARD and PPC to orientate their future policy on the development of the CFM model in Quang Nam province.
2. Aim of consultancy
Assessment is conducted to show the overview of socio-economic and environmental impacts of CFM model supported by the project in relative comparison with some ‘specialized forest protection team’ models in Dong Giang district of Quang Nam province.
- MSc degree with 10 years of experience in forestry, natural resource management (NRM) with Agroforestry or relevant qualifications/experience;
- In-depth knowledge in CFM development and other forest protection models;
- Experience in working with governmental agencies, especially with ethnic minority people;
- Professional expertise in community forest management and community forestry enterprise.
- Strong data collecting, analyzing and aggregating skills, excellent report writing skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Previous experience in working with WWF is preferred
(Please see attached TOR for more details)
4. How to apply
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round