Job no: 536417
Position type: Consultancy
Location: United States
Division/Equivalent: Field Results Group
School/Unit: Information and Communication Technology
Department/Office: Solution Centre and Support
Categories: Information Communication Technology
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD) of UNICEF covers the development, implementation and management of innovative, effective and secure IT integrated business solutions and technology infrastructure in support of the Organization’s strategic objectives.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is currently undertaking a large-scale migration and redevelopment of its content management solutions We currently require a QA Analyst to test and validate the solution based on the Key Deliverables below. The QA Analyst will also be expected to produce detailed test result reports and documentation. The QA Analyst should possess a broad knowledge of Content Management Solutions and Web Sites in general.
- Review the manual test cases and the user stories in Azure DevOps for the Application Under Test (AUT)
- Develop automated test cases based on our internal scripting framework
- Perform regression testing during each Sprint using the automated test cases to improve quality and cycle times
- Enter all defects/issues in Azure DevOps
- Participate in Sprint planning and retrospective sessions
- Manage Test data
- Validate any defects or issues identified during each Sprint
- Work with the system analysts and the business users to ensure complete test coverage
This consultancy will be on-site for a period of approximately 4.5 months.
The consultant will be based at New York Headquarters. The consultant will begin this assignment working remotely due to COVID-19 and will report to work in person once NYHQ offices are reopened in the coming months.
Eligible candidates must be either US citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of a valid G-4 visa.
Skills and Qualifications:
Academic Degrees: First University Degree required; in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Engineering is preferred.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a QA role with strong emphasis on automated testing and scripting.
- 4+ years of experience with Open source testing tools (for example Selenium, Cucumber, Maven etc.).
- 2+ years of experience with the Azure DevOps platform
- Experience with testing of web-based applications is required.
- Experience testing mobile applications on various devices is required.
- Knowledge of UNIX commands, knowledge of SQL; ability to query and update database tables is desired.
- Experience with version control systems is a plus.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages like Java/Python is desirable.
- Must be able to multitask as multiple testing efforts run in parallel.
- Must have excellent written/verbal skills.
- 4+ years of technology experience.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages will be considered an asset.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%].
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Dec 08 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application close: Dec 14 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application link; https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/536417
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children