TERMS OF REFERENCE:
COFFEE AGROFORESTRY FOR FOREST ENHANCEMENT AND REDUCING EMISSIONS FROM DEFORESTATION AND FOREST DEGRADATION (CAFÉ-REDD), LAM DONG PROVINCE
ASSISTED NATURAL REGENERATION WITH ADDITIONAL PLANTATION
Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) is an international policy initiative that has been developed through international negotiations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) that aims to provide results-based financial incentives to developing countries for actions which reduce emissions from forested lands and investing in low-carbon paths to sustainable development.
Vietnam has demonstrated considerable interest in REDD+ and has made important progress to date in terms of preparing for REDD+ implementation at both national and sub-national levels. Recently, Vietnam became one of the few developing countries in the world to have completed meeting the REDD+ ‘readiness’ requirements under the Warsaw Framework (or ‘REDD+ rulebook’). One of the core requirements is to have a National Strategy or Action Plan, and the Government of Vietnam approved an updated National REDD+ Action Programme (NRAP) in 2017. The new NRAP provides a clearer orientation towards the integration of REDD+ in the context of sustainable development/green growth. It identifies 7 work packages with a total of 35 policies and measures for the development and implementation of actions to achieve REDD+ in addition to a further 4 work packages which focus on REDD+ readiness and programme management, monitoring and evaluation. Several of the new policies/measures indicate REDD+ actions beyond the forest sector – notably reviewing land use planning and the promotion of sustainable and deforestation-free agriculture in key forest landscapes.
In this context, and in an effort to support the provincial government of Lam Dong to implement its stated policies and plans, SNV – The Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) has obtained funding from the International Climate Initiative (ICI) for a project entitled ‘Coffee Agroforestry and Forest Enhancement for REDD+ in Lam Dong’ (CAFÉ-REDD). The project aims to establish and develop a public-private-producer partnership (4P) approach for forest landscape conservation and restoration in one of Lam Dong’s most important forested landscapes i.e. the Langbiang Biosphere Reserve comprised of Bidoup Nui Ba National Park and Buffer Zone in Lac Duong District. Activities will include: i) strengthening public sector capacity for climate smart/sustainable land use planning and collaborative management of forests with communities; ii) working with coffee-buying companies to improve monitoring and traceability systems to prevent deforestation in supply chains; and iii) investing in (mainly ethnic minority) smallholder farmers to promote climate smart, sustainable coffee production techniques leading to improved coffee quality and prices, whilst also promoting landscape restoration through mixed agroforestry systems and alternative livelihoods.
The CAFÉ-REDD project also promotes the enhancement of forest quality to restore priority forest landscapes in the project area through the widespread adoption of REDD+ policies and measures. To achieve this goal, the CAFÉ-REDD project supports the implementation of assisted natural regeneration with additional plantation for forest enrichment to the management boards of Da Nhim Watershed Forest Protection and the Bidoup Nui Ba National Park.
To enhance forest carbon stocks through demonstration activities to restore natural forests in the context of REDD+ via the application of silvicultural measures to promote assisted natural regeneration with additional plantation for forest enrichment.
The organisation who carries out demonstration activities must prepare technical documents on assisted natural regeneration with additional plantation for an area of at least 15 hectares and these technical designs must be appraised and approved by the Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Demonstration activities will be assessed by the CAFÉ-REDD project team via the acceptance report for work completion to ensure the required progress and quality.
- The decision on establishment of the organisation by the competent authority
- Profile of the organisation capacity in afforestation, assisted natural regeneration and forest enrichment solutions.
- Dossiers of technical documents and financial budget include but are not limited to the following documents:
- Table of area.
- Table of forest status (describing natural factors) for the regeneration area.
- Design map of regeneration area at scale of 1:10,000
- Table of estimated costs.
- List of contracted households for each demonstration activity (if possible).
- Technical documents (standard of seedlings for additional planting, impacted subjects, density, silvicultural solutions, forest fire prevention and protection).
- Dossiers of technical documents and financial budget to be submitted to the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development for evaluation.
Priority is given to organization who can commit to provide technical trainings to local people and communities in the implementation process of demonstration activities.
The demonstration activities specified in this term of reference will be conducted for from April 2020 to September 2021.
- Technical documents for assisted natural regeneration with additional plantation approved by the Provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Assessments of growth and development of the regeneration forests by the end of 2020 and September 2021
- Assessment of the effectiveness and scalability of the forest regeneration model
- Training materials for local people and communities
- List of participating households
- Acceptance report for work completion
All products must be handed latest by September 30, 2021
Interested firms can submit the required profile and detailed budget plan to the link https://smrtr.io/3-3Xf by 17.00 April 15, 2020.
Detailed TOR in Vietnamese can be found in the file attached.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW
15/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
29/11/2020Trường Dạy Tiếng Anh và Dạy Nghề Thăng Long
30/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam