Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the strength and voice of people against poverty, inequality and injustice. We are a confederation of 19 Oxfam organizations working together in more than 90 countries. Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end injustices.
Oxfam in Vietnam is working to seek transformative changes in policies, practices and beliefs in ways that will fundamentally improve the lives of poor and marginalized women and men and ensure that all citizens have the same opportunity to enjoy their rights.
and ensure that all citizens have the same opportunity to enjoy their rights.
GRAISEA 2 – Gender Transformative & Responsible Agribusiness Investments in South East Asia, phase 2
GRAISEA 2 aims to transform opportunities for marginalized women and men in the agriculture sector in Asia by acting as a catalyst for the emergence of inclusive value chains and responsible business practices that promote human rights and drive women’s economic empowerment and climate resilience. It is funded by the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok.
As part of regional GRAISEA 2 programme, GRAISEA 2 in Vietnam has focused its work on rice value chain in Kien Giang, An Giang and Soc Trang provinces & shrimp value chain in Soc Trang, Bac Lieu & Ca Mau. GRAISEA 2 in Vietnam promotes the scaling of sustainable farming practices, inclusive and responsible business models and practices that support women’s economic empowerment and climate resilience by strengthening participation in and benefits from economic opportunities in rice & shrimp value chains for men and women small-scale producers and producer groups; collaborating with private sector to develop inclusive, responsible and more resilient business practices; and engaging with policy makers for an enable environment that supports inclusive business, women economic empowerment and climate change resilience.
The consultancy is expected to achieve the following objectives:
1. To document best practices in existing shrimp-rice rotated model in project areas, including description of main characteristics of the system and its challenges;
2. To analyze the motivations driving implementation and replication of shrimp-rice rotated model with integrated analyses of the economic, social and environmental aspects, relevancy and scalability, climate resilient ability;
3. To identify and analyze threats of the farming practice in the view of scaling-up and sustainability;
4. To propose recommendations for the model improvement & upscaling.
As GRAISEA 2 aims to address systemic barriers that restrict women’s meaningful participation and empowerment in rice and shrimp value chains such social norms, low capacities, lack of voice of women in decision-making and a lack of leadership by women in the economy (at different level, including household economy), the gender equality and women economic empowerment are crossing-cutting lenses which the assessment and analyses always consider to look through.
SCOPE OF WORK AND TIMELINE
In order to achieve the above objectives, the consultant is expected to carry out the following tasks within the timeframe from 18 December 2019 and 20 February 2020:
· Desk review of existing background information on shrimp-rice rotated farming models in project areas (Soc Trang, Bac Lieu, Ca Mau), existing studies/researches on motivations and drivers for small scale producers, benefits and challenges and best practices, local governments’ relevant policies/ orientations.
· Field trip to project areas to interview producers, cooperatives, farmer groups, processing enterprises and buyers as well as key resource persons (researchers, local governments, MARD experts, NGOs and/or improvement programme representatives to collect opinions and data)
· Analysis of data collected; production & submission of draft report
· Presentation of preliminary findings, recommendations for scaling up the model of shrimp – rice in the Mekong delta
· Inclusion of comments and inputs into final report
· Submission of final report in both English & Vietnamese with annexes
· A maximum two-page draft policy brief for policy advocacy and influencing
· Finalization of report after final check of report and policy brief
The consultants are expected to provide the following deliverables by 20 February 2020:
· Presentation of key findings, recommendations of the assignment
· Final report in English & Vietnamese which (1) documents existing shrimp-rice farming models in project areas, (2) analyzes the motivations driving implementation and replication of shrimp-rice rotated model with integrated analyses of the economic, social and environmental aspects, relevancy and scalability, climate resilient ability, (3) identifies & analyzes threats of the farming practice in the view of scaling-up and sustainability, and (4) proposes recommendations for the model improvement & upscaling.
· A draft policy brief
· Annexes including working agenda, references, list of stakeholders involved and minutes of interviews/ meetings
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONSULTANT
The consultants must possess following qualifications:
· At least Master’s degrees in aquaculture, agriculture, agricultural economics or relevant fields.
· Proven experience and knowledge on climate resilience
· Have research experiemce on shrimp-rice farming, climate change adaptation model, climate smart aquaculture/agriculture
· Understanding on gender quality/ Have a sense of gender sensitive in designing/implementing
· Experience in project documentation, evaluation and impact assessment;
· Strong coordination/organization/networking skills
· Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
The Proposal should be submitted in English by email to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org
before or on 15 December 2019.
The Proposal should be specified in terms of:
· A technical proposal that sets out methodology, detailed working plan to achieve the objectives within expected timeframe, budget and timeline to undertake this assignment;
· Up-to-date CV(s) of the consultant(s). In case the applicant is an organization, add an up-to-date portfolio of the organization.
Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất