Consultancy Service for Wrigley Endline survey
Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Individual consultant to provide technical support to conduct an end-line evaluation for the Wrigley Project Phase IV and a baseline survey for the Wrigley Project Phase V “School Health and Nutrition in Hai Phong city, Ha Noi city, Tien Giang province, Vietnam”
- Location: Hanoi
1. Consultant’s responsibilities:
- Review project documents (project description, partner reports, project reports, current monitoring and evaluation datasets, project proposal, MEAL Plan, baseline/end-line survey reports of the last phases, project progress reports, etc.)
- Develop a proposal including data collection tools for an end-line evaluation design which will enable the measurement of the following aspects of the project:
- Achievements of expected outcomes including beneficiaries’ knowledge, attitude, practices.
- Evaluation some barriers and facilitators and how have they affected project implementation as well as overall project achievements
- Finding out the perspectives of key stakeholders on the changes regarding project interventions.
- Assessment of sustainability and scalability of the project
- Assessment of baseline data for new indicators of the next phase (phase V)
- Develop the sample size, data collection methods consistent with the proposed evaluation design, and the corresponding data collection tools needed, including informed consent forms. This may involve conducting several modes of data collection like KAP surveys, Parents surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews and an extensive review of records and project documents including feedbacks raised throughout the project.
- Submit and oversee ethical review process, including revisions as needed.
- Implement the various data collection activities specified in the evaluation design. This includes the following activities:
- Train staff on the proper use of the data collection tools to be used for each type of data collection activity to be conducted.
- Develop and implement data quality control mechanisms for each type of data collection activity to be conducted.
- Collect the data using the different modes of data collection specified in the evaluation design.
- Process and analyze data gathered from the various data collection activities. This includes the following:
- Creation of an electronic database for each type of data collected for the evaluation (e.g., NVivo, Excel). A copy of each electronic database created must be submitted to SC at the end of the assignment in one of those formats.
- Edit and validation of the data collected including the application of range and consistency checks.
- Generation of results like the computation of indicators and the construction of statistical tables and graphs, including comparisons with previous surveys
- Write the first draft and the final version of the evaluation report. The final version must include any modifications needed based on the comments given by SC and Technical Advisors during the presentation of the first draft. The first draft and final version of the evaluation report must be written both in Vietnamese and English.
- The consultant will present the evaluation findings in a workshop attended by relevant stakeholders in Hai Phong city, Ha Dong district, Ha Noi city, Tien Giang province.
2. Expected Deliverables/outputs:
The selected consultant will be required to deliver the following outputs and progress reports to SC:
- The end-line evaluation’s key questions, evaluation design, tools, data collection work-plan, and reports including indicators for the design of the evaluation in both English and Vietnamese.
- Detailed evaluation questions, ERC protocols, data collection work-plan & procedures, and tools for the evaluation: the work-plan, protocol, and tools should be discussed and approved by SC.
- Documents for training course for data collectors and training report.
- The final version of the evaluation report (electronic copies) which has been approved by SC.
- Together with the final reports, the consultant will also submit to SC all copies of all documents and papers referenced in the final reports, as well as all raw data, in both hard and electronic versions.
- A PowerPoint presentation on the evaluation’s findings with key impacts/ achievements.
3. Consultant’s Qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in Medicine, Public Health or Social Science. Experience in Pediatric or School Health is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting studies in health projects.
- At least 5 years knowledge and use of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Proven experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis
- High English proficiency
- Proficiency in software designed to facilitate qualitative (e.g. MaxQDA, NVivo, Microsoft Office Suite) and quantitative data analysis (e.g. Epidata, SPSS, Stata).
Interested consultant(s) should send their technical proposals & CV to Save the Children International in Vietnam via Vietnam.email@example.com.
The closing date for application is 5pm on 26th December, 2020.
Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam