TERMS OF REFERENCE
Lecturer on Marketing and Brand Promotion
Project title: Spice for Equality – SNV Vietnam
Duration: 15th May to 15th June 2020
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organization founded 53 years ago, and now operating in 28 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
The “Market development and competitiveness enhancement for cinnamon products to promote women’s economic empowerment in Lao Cai province project” – or “Spice for Equality” for short – is a program being implemented by The Netherlands Development Organization SNV in partnership with Agricultural Extension and Services Center of Lao Cai province (AESC). The project funded by an Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The project strong focus on gender transformation, which will address barriers to women’s participation cinnamon value-chains, and better support women’s genuine economic empowerment. It will link women producers and entrepreneurs with each other to increase opportunities for women’s collective action, and will strengthen links between women and other value-chain actors to create opportunities for women’s economic participation. In this way, “Spice for Equality” adds value to existing interventions with the targeted populations (in Bac Ha and Van Ban districts) by promoting a gendered value chain approach that is specifically designed to focus on improving the skills and enabling environment for ethnic minority women – one of the most economically marginalized groups in the country. By working to overcome these gender-based barriers to social and economic development, “Spice for Equality” will contribute to overall poverty reduction and the promotion of gender equality in Lao Cai province.
Currently, SNV is implementing activities for capacity building on marketing knowledge and skill for entrepreneurs, cooperatives and farmer groups in cinnamon value chain. These units are woman-leader’s participation and are the main actors of Cinnamon value. Therefore, this activity does not only aim to promote marketing and market skill, but also to encourage woman’s capacity and decision-maker each units in particular, and in community in general.
SNV is looking for a qualified consultant (lecturer) for a training package on capacity building on marketing and branding promotion for entrepreneurs, cooperatives and farmer groups in cinnamon value chain, in accordance with terms and requirements as detailed below:
2. Consultancy description
The consultant will deliver training courses to improve capacity on marketing and branding promotion for some spices entrepreneurs; representatives of cooperatives, and farmer’s group leaders in Lao Cai, to promote images and sales of Cinnamon products of Lao Cai province. Detail as following:
- 2 training courses for representatives of some selected spices companies in Hanoi (1 day for each course);
- 1 training course for representatives of entrepreneurs, cooperatives and farmer groups in cinnamon value chain, in Lao Cai (a 1 day training).
2.2. Scope of work
Key activities responsible of consultant:
- Consultant will work with SNV on the detail information about contents, participants, and develop training material and plan that suitable to target groups.
- Consultant will implement the training courses based on SNV approved schedule and contents.
2.3. Deliverables and outputs
- Package of 3 training courses are successfully organized
- Training material, and training report.
The assignment will be started as soon as possible and completed by 15th June 2020.
2.5. Consultant qualifications
The consultant should meet the following requirements:
- At least, Master of business administration, marketing, commerce or related;
- Minimum 5-year experience of working in the area of market & marketing and branding trainings or relevant;
- Proven excellent knowledge in skills in delivering trainings about the subjects;
- Having experiences in trainings, capacity building for entrepreneurs and other stakeholders especially forestry & agriculture processing entrepreneurs;
- Experience in working with NGOs and provinces will be advantage.
6. How to apply
Interested consultants are requested to submit his/her CV and interest letter with a short proposal demonstrating their ability to deliver the assignment and proposed rate to the link https://smrtr.io/3_cXm by 17.00 hrs April 27th, 2020.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
21/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank