SOS Children’s Villages International is the global federation of 136 national SOS Children’s Villages associations (MAs), working in more than 2000 program locations worldwide. We work together with a single mission: to ensure that every child grows with love, security and respect.
Uniquely, we provide long-term, family-like care(FLC) for children who have lost parental care and we work with vulnerable families and communities to help strengthening them and prevent child abandonment (family strengthening program unit, FS). The FLC units organized in the form of a cluster of SOS families, where a SOS caregiver cares for small groups of children.
SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam (SOS Vietnam) is a member association of the SOS Children’s Village International Federation that provides Family-like care, community support and educational programs across Vietnam. Currently, SOS Vietnam supports 17 children villages, 14 SOS youth facilities, 12 Hermann Gmeiner schools, 16 kindergartens, 03 vocational training workshops, 01 vocational training school in Viet Tri, 06 Family strengthening programs in 6 provinces.
Our Vision: Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security.
Our Mission: We build families for children in need. We help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.
From 2018-2019, SOS children’s villages in Vietnam collaborated with Gia Lai DOLISA to designed, implemented the nutrition project in Gia Lai with collaboration from local government. This project aims three targets:
- Supply nutritional food of HEBI and Bibomix by National Nutrition Institute adequate with children’s nutritional status and their age.
- Guide family members to use food effectiveness and maximize its nutritional capacity.
- Supply free food and monitoring weight and height of children aim to have adequate nutritional therapy for children.
SOS Vietnam is seeking a national consultant to assess the impact, effectiveness and lesson learning of the nutrition project to improve & scale up (if possibility).
2. Objective of the Assessment:
The overall objective of this consultancy is to assess the impact of nutrition project in Gia Lai and lessons sharing for further development for SOS Vietnam with regard to nutrition project including specific objectives but not limited to:
3. Scope of work
- Analysing the existing resources, Research on the background of the target group and realities of the location (Pleiku/Gia Lai).
- Recommendation/design of interventions and their feasibility to meet the target of at least 90% of beneficiaries exiting from malnutrition.
4. Research questions
This evaluation expected to answer these questions:
- How many target children at maximum the programme can reach out with the available fund/resources?
- How to reach out the target at least 90% of beneficiaries exiting from the programme without having no malnutrition?
- What are the needs of the target group in the location? List out the key findings and recommendations.
To achieve the above-mentioned objectives, the consultants are expected to propose an action plan which includes detailed information on literature review, strategic outline report, methodology and tools including questionnaires, data analysis plan, timeline and consultation meetings/interviews with relevant stakeholders and supports needed.
6. Specific tasks and output, budget
No. of days
Output & activity
Developing tool, questionnaires and data analysis plan for assessment (this require should need to be detailed such as:
Total working days: 9 days
The total budget for the fee of this evaluation research is $US 2,400.
The consultancy services expected to take place from 15-October to 15-November. The final report is required to submit by 15th December 2020.
Role of SOS Vietnam
- The consultant will report to the SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam;
- SOS Vietnam will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment;
- SOS Vietnam shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and workshops with the stakeholders of SOS Vietnam at all levels if needed;
- SOS Vietnam will provide feedback to the draft report of impact assessment.
7. Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor degree in a relevant field in the area of public health, community development, project management with comprehensive understand of SOS children’s village.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience in community development, public health, nutrition;
- Proven Skills in impact assessment of project;
- Demonstrate experience of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Proven examples of implementing successful assessment initiatives;
- Experience in networking with government departments, such as Department of Children’s Affairs, Department of Social Protection of MOLISA.
- Skilled in working with diverse groups of officials in the government, NGOs and different agencies and with children and community members;
- Skilled in conducting Participatory Research;
- Objective oriented workshop planning and facilitation skills;
- Excellence in report writing in English is mandatory;
- Experience in working on nutrition assessment will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Familiarity with alternative care and child protection context in Vietnam and the SOS Vietnam’s work will be advantage.
8. Application Process:
Interested candidates should submit your applications that include the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Technical and financial Proposal for implementing the assignment includingwork plan & timeframe (details of dates for submission of first draft and final report).
- The document written in English language.
- An application letter including remuneration requirements (daily rate) and contact information for three work- related referees.
- The application should be submitted latest by 5PM, 20th October 2020 in soft copy to the email address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Consultancy service for project assessment of nutrition project in Gia Lai” in the email subject line.
Only short listed applicants/consultants shall be contacted. SOS Vietnam reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and is not bound to any legal claim in this regard.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW