TERMS OF REFERENCE
Production of video clip for promotion of cinnamon sector in Lao Cai province
Project title: Spice for Equality – SNV Vietnam
Location: Lao Cai, Vietnam
Duration: May – June 2020
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organisation founded 53 years ago, and now operating in 28 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
The “Market development and competitiveness enhancement for cinnamon products to promote women’s economic empowerment in Lao Cai province project” – or “Spice for Equality” for short – is a program being implemented by The Netherlands Development Organization SNV in partnership with Agricultural Extension and Services Center of Lao Cai province (AESC). The project funded by an Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The project strong focus on gender transformation, which will address barriers to women’s participation cinnamon value-chains, and better support women’s genuine economic empowerment. It will link women producers and entrepreneurs with each other to increase opportunities for women’s collective action and will strengthen links between women and other value-chain actors to create opportunities for women’s economic participation. In this way, “Spice for Equality” adds value to existing interventions with the targeted populations (in Bac Ha and Van Ban districts) by promoting a gendered value chain approach that is specifically designed to focus on improving the skills and enabling environment for ethnic minority women – one of the most economically marginalized groups in the country. By working to overcome these gender-based barriers to social and economic development, “Spice for Equality” will contribute to overall poverty reduction and the promotion of gender equality in Lao Cai province.
In order to support Lao Cai province in promoting the potential of cinnamon sector of Lao Cai with the aim of attracting the interest and investment of organizations and companies in processing and export for Lao Cai province, a documentary film will be produced. SNV is looking for a qualified consultant to work with SNV to produce a 5-7 minutes video clip in compliance with terms and requirements as detailed below.
2. Consultancy description
To have a video clip for promoting the potential of cinnamon sector of Lao Cai with the aim of attracting the interest and investment of organizations and companies in processing and export for Lao Cai province.
The target audience are organizations and businesses are working in development, national and international enterprises in the field of processing and exporting spices; experts working in agriculture as well as general people with an interest in these topics. The video clip will be used in upcoming workshops and events as well as on SNV media platforms.
2.2. Scope of work
- The video clip producer(s) will work over the period of one months, from 15 May and hand over the final deliverable latest before 15 June.
- Scoping visit to the project areas and stakeholders.
- Work together with the team to create the script/storyline to develop the video’s narrative.
- Shoot the footages and interview key stakeholders in Lao Cai and value chain of cinnamon.
- Process and edit footages to develop a professional 5-7 minutes video clip.
- Deliver the final product and provide the video clip in original format and one light version for websites, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, etc…
- SNV will help to connect to stakeholders and assure proper introductions to the stakeholders.
- The video will adhere to SNV visibility guidelines.
Final products delivery together with all final raw footages will be delivered to GREAT team after filming trip before June 15, 2020.
- Submit draft movie for comments and suggestions
- Two versions of video with voice-over in Vietnamese and English
- All final raw footages will be hand-over to SNV
- Final video with approval from SNV
2.5 Consultant qualifications
- Proven experience in videography, especially in short documentary films;
- Interest in development work and relevant issues, especially on agricultural value chain sector would be a strong advantage;
- Inspirational and artistic;
- Skills and proven experience in working in local settings and in rural communities;
- Having a network with local TV channels and cinnamon data footages in Lao Cai province is an advantage;
- Portfolio with similar video produced by the consultant.
A lump-sum to cover fee, as appropriate, will be paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
Remuneration will be subject to the qualification of the consultant and to agreement on services provided by the consultant in relation to the SNV’s financial regulation.
The contract will be in form of lump sum with the proposed total budget covering consultancy fee, VAT/PIT tax.
4. How to apply
Interested consultants are requested to submit CVs and interest letters with relevant examples of their work via a link and proposed rates following https://smrtr.io/3_dCq by 17.00 hrs April 27th, 2020.
TOR in Vietnamese can be found in the file attached.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)