E T Consultant
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Climate Change
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
The $8.3 billion Climate Investment Funds (CIF) is providing 72 developing and middle-income countries with urgently needed resources to manage the challenges of climate change and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Since 2008, the CIF has been leading efforts to empower transformations in the energy, climate resilience, transport and forestry sectors. CIF concessional financing offers flexibility to test new business models and approaches, build track records in unproven markets, and boost investor confidence to unlock additional finance from other sources, particularly the private sector and the multilateral development banks (MDBs) that implement CIF funding. Total CIF pledges of $8.3 billion are expected to attract an additional $58 billion of co-financing for a portfolio of over 300 projects and counting.
The CIF’s success is premised on a solid partnership with national governments, citizen groups and communities, private sector sponsors, the CIF governing bodies, and the five MDBs that serve as co-financiers and implementing agencies of the CIF. These five MDBs are the African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the World Bank Group.
The CIF was founded with the mandate to serve as a learning laboratory for scaled-up climate finance. The CIF Evaluation and Learning (E&L) Initiative is helping to fulfill this mandate through a range of strategic and demand-driven evaluations covering some of the most important and pressing challenges facing climate finance funders and practitioners. Drawing on experience from across the CIF portfolio of investments in clean energy, forests and resilience in 72 developing countries, the E&L Initiative uses evaluation to enable learning that is relevant, timely and used to inform decisions and strategies, for both the CIF and the wider climate finance sector.
Guided by an expert Advisory Group that includes representatives from MDBs, donors, recipient countries, CIF Observers, the CIF Administrative Unit (CIF AU) and external experts, evaluations are undertaken with high stakeholder engagement and a focus on applied learning opportunities. The E&L Initiative prioritizes five core learning themes and related sub-topics, developed through wide consultation and dialogue. Evaluations address key issues relevant to CIF programs, sectors and stakeholder groups. Broadly, the five core themes include transformational change, private sector investments, development impacts of climate finance and just transitions, local stakeholder engagement and benefit, and program/sector studies.
The E&L FY20-22 Business Plan was approved by the CIF Trust Fund Committees in June 2019 with three broad objectives: 1) Application of learning in countries and institutions; 2) New evidence generated in priority areas; and 3) Collaboration and partnerships for climate finance impact. The E&L FY21 Work Plan that highlighted key objectives and activities specifically for FY21 was approved in June 2020.
The ET Consultant - Analyst position will support/contribute to the implementation of E&L activities focused on the transformational change learning theme and specifically the current phase of work of the Transformational Change Learning Partnership (TCLP). The support will cover two main areas of work:
(1) Analytical support, including research, writing, quality review, data analysis, contributions to learning dialogues, and other substantive contributions; and
(2) Administrative support, including planning, coordination, scheduling, activity tracking, events management, and logistics. The scope will primarily focus on the transformational change thematic topic, but work supporting other E&L activities will also be undertaken to a lesser extent. All work will be based on implementing the E&L FY21 (and upcoming FY22) work plan.
Specific tasks to be undertaken include:
1. Research, writing, technical assistance, quality assurance, data analysis, and process management for select TCLP analytical work, including conceptual framework and guidance documents, case studies, briefings, presentations, and/or related studies or knowledge products.
2. Planning and coordination of TCLP activities, including, project management tasks, activity coordination and tracking, support for managing contractors, events/meeting management and logistics (including virtual and in-person), scheduling, communications, and other miscellaneous support and administrative tasks.
3. Support to select other E&L Initiative activities, such as the workstream on evaluating the development impacts of climate finance, other related E&L studies, and/or other country or institutional learning engagement activities. Support to these activities may include both analytical and administrative tasks as described above.
MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
The position will be based in Washington, DC, within the CIF Administrative Unit located in the World Bank. The Analyst will report to the Senior Evaluation and Learning Specialist in the CIF Administrative Unit, and will work collaboratively with colleagues in the CIF E&L team and the wider CIF Administrative Unit team, as well as with colleagues in multi-lateral development banks (MDBs), recipient/client countries, and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline at least 3 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least one year of professional experience. Relevant disciplines include international development, policy, environment, research/evaluation, etc.
- Technical experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning. Climate-related programs/topics as part of this experience preferred.
- Openness to and interested in a range of evaluation and evidence-based learning modalities and methods, including as applicable to complex adaptive systems and transformational change.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with virtual learning technologies and platforms, and events coordination.
- Strong teamwork, collaborative, and relationship-building skills in a multi-cultural setting.
- Fluency in English. Spanish and French also of interest, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience with World Bank Group and/or other MDB settings preferable.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam