REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
A. About ISC
The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is an international non-governmental agency working to unleash the power of people to transform their communities in the face of climate change. ISC's mission is to support communities, cities, and industries around the world address environmental, economic, and social challenges to build a better future shaped and shared by all.
Aiming to strengthen the lower Mekong region as a competitive sustainable manufacturing hub, the Mekong Sustainability Manufacturing Alliance (The Alliance) program is driving private-sector adoption of improved environmental and social safeguards by factories in multiple sectors. The program focuses primarily on Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam, with both country-specific and region-wide activities.
C. Scope of Work
ISC is seeking a Consultant/Company to conduct the Decarbonization Pathway based on GHG scopes 1&2 for the factories below:
- 1 Tier 1 footwear factory in Thanh Hoa, Vietnam, with 9000 workers, no Wet process
- 1 Tier 2 factory in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, with 3100 workers, has dyeing processes
As part of the assessment, the Consultant/Company will specifically conduct the following:
- Review the GHG inventory of the factory according to international standards such as ISO 14064-1: 2018, GPC, etc.
- Develop the 2030 decarbonization pathway based on the factory targets, including Energy Efficiency Measures (EEM), Renewable Energy (RE), coal phase-out, and other options for the long-term implementation plan to reach the 2030 GHG reduction target of the factories.
- Integrate the result to form a report on the current emission profile and potential savings.
- Organize a workshop to define the criteria and boundaries of the roadmap with priorities.
- Assess the availability of all potential measures in the country, combined with a gap analysis of factory's current performance and the target to identify a roadmap to implement the emission reduction solutions.
- Present, discuss, and seek feedback on the suggested 2030 decarbonization pathway to the factory team.
- Finalize the roadmap with the factory, including timeline, budget, and potential savings.
- Complete and submit the report.
The period of consultancy work is from December 2, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
The Consultant/Company must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and a track record of developing a factory decarbonization roadmap
- Experiences in providing similar services
- Local presence in Vietnam with the ability to work and travel to the project site
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Vietnamese is required
E. Submission Requirements
Interested Consultant/Company must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, along with cost information for each factory, by submitting the proposal (in English) addressing the above scope of work via email to email@example.com, with the subject line, RFP – Energy assessment–factory in [location] by November 30, 2022, midnight ICT.
Proposals should include the following information (max total of 5 pages):
- Name and contact details
- Description of methodology, work plan, and/or other technical inputs for the assignment
- Description of qualifications and past relevant experiences, ideally with garment manufacturers in Vietnam
- Three references who can speak to the consultant's successful completion of similar work, with contact details (email and telephone)
- Cost information in USD
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact