The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
The Alliance Asia Climate Action team is looking for a motivated and high performing DRM consultant to support a project on “The role of digital tools in building resilience in the Mekong Delta”. The project is aiming to gain an understanding of digital technology utilization within the DRM process in Vietnam, before identifying possible entry points for greater digital integration.
The consultant should have a strong understanding of the current DRM system in Vietnam, the key policies, actors and ongoing programs. Familiarity with the current utilization of digital tools in resilience initiatives is a plus, along with past experience working on specific issues in the Mekong Delta. The project will focus on urban, costal and agricultural resilience so understanding of these sub-sectors will also be considered beneficial.
- Review current policy framework around DRM, CCA & NRM.
- Identify key policy objectives related to digital tools for resilience, tracking their progress down to province and district level plans in the Mekong Delta.
- Lead with the review of major hazards and their impacts across the Mekong Delta, including deep dives into urban, costal and agriculture sectors.
- Support with the scanning of digital tools utilized by both public and private sector actors in Vietnam and the Mekong Delta.
- Support with the review of existing databases for DRM, CCA & NRM. Support with the integration of DRM considerations into workshop materials for national and sectoral (urban, costal, agriculture) workshops; and
- Review recommended entry points assessing their feasibility through the DRM lens.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in disaster risk management, environmental science, natural resource management, or any relevant field.
- Excellent/proven English and Vietnamese writing skills.
- Past experience working in the Mekong Delta would be a plus.
- Past experience working on projects looking at digital tools for resilience is also a plus.
- Experience working on collaborative projects as part of an international team would be beneficial.
Terms of Appointment
The position is nationally recruited and will be carried out remotely, with the ability to visit the Hanoi office a plus but not necessary.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Office, Ms. Kieu Le Huyen (H.firstname.lastname@example.org) with cc to James Giles (J.Giles@cgiar.org) and should clearly indicate “Application – Consultant DRM – Candidate’s full name”.
The position is urgent and will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. We recommend applying as soon as possible and no later than 09/04/2021.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)