Title: Consultant for Assessment of gender responsive business
Timeline: Intermitted during May- July and in Nov - Dec 2021
Location: Ha Noi
Our vision to 2030 confirms that CARE will contribute to lasting impact at scale in poverty eradication and social justice, in support of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Gender equality (SDG 5) sits at the heart of our programmatic ambitions and radiates through all of our work.
To gain such vision, CARE in Vietnam (CVN) has cooperated with different stakeholders who shared similar values and approach. Among those active institutions in Vietnam for gender equality and women empowerment, a development program initiated by Australia Aid named GREAT (Gender Responsiveness Equitable Agriculture and Tourist) is reliable and well known for their approach. GREAT has their own Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) program that uses WEE framework which follow Reach-Benefits- Empowerment domain. All partners under program should implement their intervention in contribution to the changes at different domains under the framework1.
CVN has cooperated with GREAT to promote application of WEE framework under its GESI plan. CVN responsibility is to help GREAT’s business partners to improve gender integration into their business so that their intervention program to gain better results in women empowerment that contribute to GREAT’s GESI plan 2020-2021.
Almost all business partners under this program are agriculture businesses, varying in size from very small cooperatives to large factories situated in Son La and Lao Cai provinces of Vietnam. They all work with local farmers and other stakeholders in different value chains.
5. Doing assessment on the feasibility and application of the gender responsive business model
CVN is seeking a gender expert to team up with CVN gender and research team in doing the task 1 and 5 above.
Gender audit (Task 1) for business aims at examining the level of gender responsiveness in the business policies and practices. Results of this audit will be used to develop gender responsive business model that fit with a specific situation of each business. The audit will focus on:
- Understanding of gender awareness of business leaders, managers at different levels, their employees and other stakeholders in their value chain including customers, farmer families, farmer groups and others.
- Analysing the level of gender responsiveness in the business’ policies and regulations.
- Finding out any gaps in the business practices (including enterprises’ policies, business operation, business interactions with farmers, production groups and other stakeholders) with standards of a gender responsive business.
Assessment on the feasibility and application of the gender responsive business model (Task 5):
The assessment aims at discovering any benefit that businesses might get after implementing their gender responsive business plan. It is also for the documentation of lessons learnt on the process of establishing gender responsive business for future application. The assessment aims at gathering evidences of changes at different stages of implementation so that it will be a process. It is expected to go through 3 stages: before during and after the implementation. The first stage might be in line with the gender audit or part of gender audit.
The assessment is conducted to find out:
- Perception of business on gender responsive business?
- Motivation of business to apply a gender responsive business model?
- Benefits for business to implement a gender responsive model?
- Factors to promote or to prevent business to do gender responsive business model?
- Effective process to work with business to promote a gender responsive approach
Key objective of the consultancy
The consultant is expected to work in collaboration with the CVN team to:
- Design the assessment of gender responsive business model
- Write the assessment report
Scope of Responsibility:The Gender Consultant will:
- Develop and finalize the assessment framework with CVN (including objectives, main research questions, research subjective, research process)
- Develop assessment tools
- Develop Data analysis guidelines
- Write the Assessment report
- Provide inputs on the assessment framework
- Provide inputs on assessment tools
- Undertake data collection and analysis
- Written inputs for the audit framework
- A complete assessment framework
- A set of assessment tools
- Complete data analysis guidelines
- Final assessment report
- Good professional profile on gender
- Experiences working in development countries.
- Strong experiences working with business on gender integration or promotion
- Proven experiences on gender audit and assessment of gender integration in businesses.
- Proven experiences in agricultural sector, farming product value chain
How to apply
Please send your CV and technical proposal cover two to three pages outline the assessment protocol focusing on the approach and methodology to do the assessment.
Address to send your application: email@example.com
Deadline for application: April 22nd, 2021.
Please refer to this link for more information.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF