- Title: Consultant for facilitation skills training
- Location: Cam Thuy, Thanh Hoa
- Duration: November – December 2023
- Reporting to: Project Manager
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading humanitarian organisation fighting global poverty and providing lifesaving assistance in emergencies. In over 100 countries and territories around the world, CARE places special focus on working alongside poor women and girls because equipped with the proper resources, they have the power to help lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. To learn more, visit www.care-international.org.
CARE International in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation working with Vietnamese and international partner organisations since 1989 in over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices contributing to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long-term program goal in Vietnam is that poor and marginalised ethnic minority and urban people of all genders, particularly women, equitably benefit from development. To learn more, visit www.care.org.vn.
Project information (if needed)
The project Enhance workers’ voice to stop sexual harassment at the workplace (NamYang-STOP) has been implemented since July 2023 to April 2024. Via the cooperation with Nam Yang Hoa Viet Factory in Cam Thuy, Thanh Hoa, this project aims at: (i) enhancing policy and applied mechanism to better protect factory workers, and (ii) promoting workers’ voice in sexual harassment prevention at the workplace.
Rationale and purpose
Within the project scope, CARE will conduct training on Sexual Harassment Prevention package for around 20 facilitators, being team leads or middle managers, so that they can replicate the training to other factory workers on the topic. To better assist the process, CARE is seeking for an experienced participatory Facilitator to conduct training on facilitation methods and skills for these factory facilitators.
The overall objective of the task is to enhance the facilitation capacity of NamYang Hoa Viet facilitators so that they are be able to deliver the CARE’s Sexual Harassment Prevention package to other factory workers. The consultant should make sure factory facilitators:
- understand the importance of facilitation skills in delivering the SHP package to other workers but also in their daily work but also;
- acquire basic facilitation techniques and skills;
- be able to apply the trained techniques in half-day Practice & Reflection session (with the observation of CARE and consultant)
Scope of work and key deliverables
- Scope of work/Responsibilities: The trainer is expected to perform the following duties:
- Design training materials with the focus on core/basic facilitation skills for factory facilitators, given the context that these facilitators are being trained on Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention package
- Conduct 01 facilitation course (02 sessions, half-day/session) for factory facilitators – tentatively 1 session in November and 1 session in December 2023
- Together with CARE team, conduct a half-day practice for the facilitators (in combination with 2 nd session in Dec23)
- Conduct training evaluation (pre & post-test) for quick observation of knowledge and skills obtained at individual level
- Write a 2-pager result-based report on training delivery, which covers the following information as a minimum standard:
- # and level of participation of the participants
- # of trained facilitators self-assess their facilitation skill at 4 (scale 1-5)
- Lessons learnt during the practice exercise and any specific recommendations for participants and future training
- Product’s deliverables: All documents will be in Vietnamese:
- Final training documents which also includes training evaluation tool (word & PowerPoint)
- On site training & Practice delivery
- Final training report
- At least 07-year experience working in development field
- Proven experience in facilitation, and participatory facilitation skill training
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Experience in gender programming and consultancies on GBV is a plus
Interested candidates should submit the following documents in English, clearly stating the title of the Terms of Reference to email: Procurement1@care.org.vn before 9AM on 2 October 2023.
- Cover letter
- Examples of past training agendas that the candidate developed and delivered
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further details about this job position, please see HERE.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi