Consultant for Market Assessment
Please send your application directly to GGGI by following link: https://careers.gggi.org/vacancy/consultant-for-market-assessment-444855...
Date to close: 09 Jun 2021
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI is jointly working on the project “Clean Energy for Climate-Smart Schools in Viet Nam”. There are more than 40,000 schools in Viet Nam that have potential for clean energy transition, particularly by applying the Rooftop Solar System (RTS). However, the implementation of RTS in schools in Viet Nam is quite limited due to the lack of a mechanism to scaling up RTS.
Accordingly, GGGI is now looking for individual consultants to support us to deliver this objective through scope of work provided below. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the individual consultants will conduct the market survey with relevant stakeholders to gain the understanding about the market readiness and opportunities for implementation of RTS in schools in Vietnam. The objective of these findings will help formalize the investment and policy recommendation to mainstream investments in RTS in schools in Vietnam.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The individual consultant (the “Consultant”) is expected to conduct Market Assessment for potential of RTS financing in the education sector including:
- Assisting GGGI to develop analysis on the business models available in implementation of solar rooftop in the market.
- Support strengthening the market survey questionnaires customized for key stakeholder groups
- Develop and conduct the market survey through interviews with key groups of stakeholders to assess the appetite for RTS investment in school sector, including but not limited to:
- Solar companies (EPC) to identify the commercial appetites for the education sector as well as key barriers in implementing RTS in schools (and health care centers and essential community services including Water & Sanitation where applicable), including financing challenges.
- Commercial banks and other potential investors (e.g. Foundations, family offices, high net worth individuals, investment funds etc.) to assess the investment appetite and barriers to financing for RTS in the education sector, and health and WASH sector where applicable.
- Ministry of Education and Training and selected Provincial Departments of Education and Training for the energy demand assessment.
- Conduct site visits to identified potential schools to assess the on-ground situation (Maximum 15 schools)
DELIVERABLES AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
A written summary report shall be provided to GGGI summarizing the details of the market survey specified above in the Objectives. The consultant is expected to incorporate comments from GGGI into the report before the deliverable is approved. The official (final) report shall be issued after the comments on the draft report has been fully addressed.
To maintain a prompt communication between the consultant and GGGI as well as achieve the high quality of services, it is expected that the consultant shall regularly hold update calls/meetings to update on key findings and keep track on the engagement progress on the bi-weekly basis.
All reports and outputs must be in English (unless being indicated otherwise), in accordance with GGGI’s formatting requirements, and submitted in hard copy and electronic formats along with complete sets of raw data, research materials, and interview notes.
The Consultant’s work progress will be monitored primarily through periodic review meetings, the precise schedule of which is to be determined based in consultation with the Consultant. The Consultant is also expected to periodically produce, upon GGGI’s request, a formal progress report that includes: an overview of the project, a narrative description of project activities, detailed information on project objectives and milestones, actual achievements made against the timeline set, etc.
Tentative Due Date
Payment (% of contract value)
|Submission of Assignment Workplan||15 days after contract signing|
|Submission of primary analysis of business models in implementation of Roof Top Solar||15 July 2021||
|Support in finalization of market survey questionnaire and identified stakeholder groups||25 July 2021|
|Conclusion of market survey and Submission of the initial summary report of the survey||15 September 2021||
|Conclusion of site visits to identified potential schools||15 October 2021|
|Submission of final report after incorporating feedback||30 October 2021||
GGGI is looking for a highly qualified individual consultant that may provide technical support and advice as specified in this TOR, as guided below:
- Master’s in Economics, Public Policy, Energy, or other related fields
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in which 3 years of experience engaging in public policy, market development relating to renewable energy and educational sector.
- Proven track record in conducting high quality market surveys
- Strong network relationship among stakeholders engaging in the RTS for educational sectors such as banks, project developers and local Educational authorities is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently under time pressures with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English is required, with excellent writing and presentation skills.
In addition to the CV and examples/links of previous work, the consultant needs to submit the draft financial proposal in the below format
|Expected number of Workdays||Per day cost||Amount (USD)|
|Submission of Assignment Workplan|
|Submission of primary analysis of business models in implementation of Roof Top Solar||
|Support in finalization of market survey questionnaire and identified stakeholder groups|
|Conclusion of market survey and Submission of the initial summary report of the survey|
|Conclusion of site visits to identified potential schools|
|Submission of final report after incorporating feedback|
All incidental project expenses including travel will be reimbursed by GGGI on actuals
Date to close is Korean Standard Time (KST). Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered Application. Cover Letter, and CV must be sent in English. A consortium, or a firm may not be engaged for the individual consultant assignment.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank