Title: Building capacity of online marketing for agricultural cooperatives
Client: Agriterra Vietnam and Primary Cooperatives
Project number: 20AT-8440
Assignment number: AS.12566
Period: End of April – Begining of May 2020
Business advisor (BA): Nguyen Thu Tran
Agriterra ( www.agriterra.org ) is a leading cooperative development organization providing services to its clients worldwide. Our main goal is to support cooperatives to be farmer-led organization, providing better services to its members and influence the change of policy enabling environment for cooperative development. Currently Agriterra Vietnam is working closely with 20 clients including Vietnam Cooperative Alliance, Provincial Cooperative Alliances and elevent are primary cooperatives that are mostly small or medium agricultural business. Main commodities are rice, coffee, veggetables, leaf-tea and fruits.
Early 2020, there was outbreak of Corona Virus; by end of March, application of ‘social distancing’ was announced by Prime Minister. The social distancing campaign sparked an increase in searches related to delivery services, online shopping and online learning. With many working from home and all eateries closed, the search tool was also deployed by many for information on electric devices and home appliances such as printers, computers, air fryers and cookers (reported by Google, 2020). Most of the shop are now closed, food delivery is replacing the traditional wet market. Only necessary services such as food, medical emergency are allowed. Some of our cooperatives supplying veggeables are also experiencing an increase demand to use online marketing for its sales (the demand doubled during this period).
Recognising these oppurturnities, Agriterra would like to turn the current situation into an opporturnity to bring our clients to ‘next level’’ with a special Online Marketing Campaign with concrete revenue objectives in the coming period of 1– 3 months. This will also enable clients to diversify their distribution channels and become less dependent their current and traditional channels. As mentioned not all clients start at the same level, but the individual situation will be taken as the starting point, and from this point concrete targets will be set towards revenue increase via the social media campaign.
To provide an overall understanding of the Basic Online Marketing in Vietnam, identify potential of online marketing for the cooperatives. Identify what support package is needed for the individual cooperatives, focus needs to be on:
– Digital literacy
– Suitable branding and packaging
– Proper invoicing, accounting
– Swift logistics
Based on above an individual Online Marketing Campaign per cooperative will be developed with clear revenue increase targets. the targets can be modest if the activities are fairly new for the client. But then this steps in online marketing will already start the process for future developments.
- Introduction of Basic Online Marketing:
- Social Media marketing (eg. Facebook ads, Fanpage, Instagram)
- SEO/SEM, Googel Ads
- E-commerce platform: Tiki, Zalo shop, Shoppee, Sendo etc.
- Providing the Preconditions or Checklist to participating in each platform;
- Advantages and disadvantage of each platform: customer demographic, sale/commodity preference etc.
- Provide Online assessment for cooperatives: review the current online marketing situation, identify the needs for investment (infrusture, capacity building) recommendation to change 5Ps for online channel.
- Develop simple and SMART action plans for clients to execute their online
How to apply
Proposals should be sent to email address firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 on 19 April 2020.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International