Oxfam is a global movement of people who are fighting inequality to end poverty and injustice. There are currently 21 member organizations working in 87 countries. We have a vision of a just and sustainable world. A world where people and the planet are at the center of our economy. Where women and girls live free from violence and discrimination. Where the climate crisis is contained. And where governance systems are inclusive and allow for those in power to be held to account.
Oxfam in Vietnam believes that a reduction in poverty, injustice, and inequality will occur through the interaction between active citizens, accountable states and responsible private sector and that it is fundamental to Vietnam’s development. Oxfam in Vietnam aims to influence the current growth-based development model to shift to a Human Economy Development Model, putting people and the planet before profits.
The “Inclusive and sustainable clam and bamboo value chains development in Vietnam” (SCBV) project funded by European Union (EU) aims to contribute to reducing poverty and inequality in rural areas of Vietnam through inclusive and sustainable value chain development. The project supports small scale producers (SSPs) and Micro/Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) processors of clam value chain in Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Tien Giang and bamboo chain in Thanh Hoa and Nghe An provinces to increase income from sustainable production and business practices, improve business efficiency and access to markets.
Oxfam in Vietnam coordinates the implementation of the project in partnership with International Collaborating Centre for Aquaculture and Fisheries Sustainability (ICAFIS), Non-Timber Forest Products Research Centre (NTFPRC) and Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI). Throughout five years, the project has significantly improved the capacity of 26,800 small-scale producers from 125 SSP groups in five provinces in sustainable production practices and compliance with international standards for SSPs, with two new Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certificates were awarded to bamboo producers in Thanh Hoa and Nghe An province; one the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC-based) Fishery Improvement Projects (FIPs) for clam producers in Tra Vinh province were developed and implemented; strengthened collective actions amongst SSPs and established business linkages between SSPs and SMEs, including lead firms through promoting inclusive business practices, business dialogue platforms, and effective commercial/trade promotion events, increased domestic and international market access for 38 SMEs; improved investment and sourcing policies for 38 MSMEs, and contributed to a more enabling policy environment. The project has produced several manuals, guidelines, success stories, and established successful partnerships with various stakeholders. Oxfam in Vietnam is looking for a consultant(s) to work with our team to produce a book that documents the SCBV project from 2018 to 2022.
2. Purpose of the documentation
The SCBV project book is a documentation product that records and highlights the project’s theory of change, the project process, highlights of achievements, impacts, and lessons learnt/ recommendations in reducing poverty and inequality in rural areas of Vietnam through inclusive and sustainable clam and bamboo value chains.
The SCBV project book is aimed to primarily target the private sector, relevant government agencies, development organizations, the media, and donors. The secondary target audience is the public.
3. Required contents
The book must include four key contents:
- Key content 1: The project’s approach, theory of change
- Key content 2: Summary of the project’s interventions and achievements, for example:
- enhanced capacity for Small Scale Producers (SSPs) and Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) towards sustainable standards
- fair sharing of benefits and risks in the value chains
- strengthened collective actions amongst SSPs and established business linkages between SSPs and SMEs/ lead firms through promoting inclusive business practices, business dialogue platforms, and effective commercial/trade promotion events
- gender mainstreaming and enhanced women participation in the SSPs groups and in the clam/bamboo value chains increased market access for both SSPs and MSMEs
- increased MSME investment and sourcing policies
- contributing to an enabling policy environment
- Key content 3: Successful stories of actors in both clam and bamboo value chains, including beneficiaries and project partners.
- Key content 4: Lessons learnt/recommendations
4. Scope of work
The consultant will:
- Review, collect and compile existing information including project documents, stories, and photos;
- Propose a structure of the book and discuss with Oxfam towards an agreement;
- Go on field trips, attend meetings/ workshops, meet with individuals/groups to collect further information, stories, and photos;
- Write contents in Vietnamese including illustrative photos and finalize the book upon feedback from Oxfam and relevant partners.
5. How to apply
The applicant package must include:
- The consultants/company’s profile/CVs and related experience
- Samples of relevant works
- 01 technical proposal that provides a detailed description and explanation of proposed methodologies, work plan and timeline, team members and their qualifications, role/tasks of members, and any other resources that the consultant will make available to execute the assignment
- 01 financial proposal that specified number of working days required with consultancy rate and proposed budget for logistics
- 02 contacts for references
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
How to Apply: The Proposal and documents could be written in English or Vietnamese and should submit by email to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org with the subject mentioning: “Clam&Bamboo – PROJECT DOCUMENTATION BOOK”
The closing date for application: 4th December 2022.
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact