The COVID-19 pandemic is first and foremost a health crisis. Many countries have (rightly) decided to close schools, colleges and universities. The crisis crystallises the dilemma policymakers are facing between closing schools (reducing contact and saving lives) and keeping them open (allowing workers to work and maintaining the economy). The severe short-term disruption is felt by many families around the world: home schooling is not only a massive shock to parents’ productivity, but also to children’s social life and learning. Teaching is moving online, on an untested and unprecedented scale. Student assessments are also moving online, with a lot of trial and error and uncertainty for everyone. Many assessments have simply been cancelled. Importantly, these interruptions will not just be a short-term issue, but can also have long-term consequences for the affected cohorts and are likely to increase inequality.
2. Purpose of the study
Primarily, the research findings are expected to help Plan International Vietnam have more understanding of impacts of COVID 19 on education for children and girls in the ethnic minority communities PIV currently works with. The findings of the study will help PIV review the relevance of our country strategy, coming to effect from July 2020, that focuses on promoting girls’ life and vocational skills to make their choices of future careers.
Secondary, the study is to inform PIV and our partners as well as communities of what actions will be taken to remedy the negative impacts of COVID 19 on education to the EM children and girls.
Thirdly, the study will specifically focus on the children and girl groups, those are more vulnerable to the disruption of education. That will therefore build evidence for policy influencing to improve situation of the specific target groups.
3. Position: Consultant (team). Please refer to the attached ToR for more details.
4. Working location: Ha Noi and Field-based research
5. Working duration: From May to July 2020.
6. How to apply and contact at Plan: Consultant group or consultancy firms, who are interested in taking this consultancy, please submit the proposal package in English via email to: Mr. Giang Hoang Hieu, M&E specialist; Email: email@example.com
7. Deadline for submitting: The deadline for submitting the proposal package will be on 13th May 2020. Only short-listed consultant groups will be contacted for interview.
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP