Parent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Hanoi
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 10-10-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Within the framework of the project “Mobilizing the youth participation in the implementation of the Convention 2005”, UNESCO aims to support and mobilize the artists and creative practitioners in the implementation of the Convention. This project component entitled “Arts for Change” aims at steering the role of culture, including the creative arts in particular, in sustainable development.
As the Arts help people see the world differently, the dynamic between the arts and youth possess a special power in raising the awareness and attract the public attention on key development issues, as well as in stimulating the innovation. Together with UNESCO pilot activities since 2018 including the Art of Recycle Award, there have been many individual artists and creative spaces investing time, resources and creativity in recycling art and art education to raise the awareness on and foster practical actions towards environmental protection and sustainable development.
It is necessary to encourage and promote those early response and good practices of the young artists who are committed and are working around the Arts for Change by documenting the good practices, support the networking, sharing of experience and promote the dialogues.
Under the overall control of the Head of UNESCO Ha Noi Office and the direct supervision of the Culture Programme Coordinator, the consultant shall be responsible to conduct the specific assignments as followings:
1. Conduct a mapping exercise to produce a Directory of relevant Vietnamese individual artists and creative spaces that are committed and focusing their artwork for change in recycling, environmental protection and public space transformation;
2. Conduct the interviews, fact-findings visits and document the most relevant artist profiles and typical artworks;
3. Co-convene together with UNESCO responsible officer, 01 technical seminars in Ha Noi and/or Ho Chi Minh City on networking, sharing good practices and promote cooperation.
1. Workplan, Outline report, draft list of of artists/creative spaces for the mapping exercise
2. Draft report including the Directory of relevant artist profiles and typical artworks
3. Full report including the Directory of all compiling information, artists profiles, photos; seminar report
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Building partnerships (M)
– Bachelor Degree in the field of Art or related field
– A senior arts and creative professionals with at least 10 years of experience in relevant fields
– Sound knowledge of the major development issues with regard to art, craft and creative industries in Viet Nam
– Familiar with a variety of working environments in Viet Nam
– Have large network of artists and creative professionals
It is estimated that the Consultant will work intermittenly for maximum 30 working days within the contract duration from October 2020 to April 2021. Please submit a financial proposal including proposed daily rate of consultancy fee and number of working days. If you have difficulty in attaching the financial proposal to an on-line application, please submit your financial proposal via email to email@example.com
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)