Duties And Responsibilities:
• Build the capacity of CSOs to monitor and provide oversight for local government councils to ensure responsiveness to citizen needs and transparent decision-making and management processes.
• Build the capacity of civil society organizations in technical areas related to government accountability and oversight, including monitoring government expenditures, tender competitions, and service delivery.
• Provide technical assistance and training to local government officials to strengthen local accountability mechanisms, increase transparency, and be more responsive to citizens’ needs.
• Lead the development of program strategies, planning, and implementation of accountability and transparency activities across all project components.
• Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned
• Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to audiences, including implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor and other relevant organizations.
• Other duties as assigned
• At least have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree is perferred) in a related field such as international development, political science, public administration, or public policy.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working with local NGO and international organizations, government agencies;
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accountability and transparency, preferably in inclusive education for CWDs;
• Successful track record in building the capacity of civil society organizations to take on a watchdog role, monitoring government accountability and transparency as well as working with local government to operate more transparently;
• Expertise in public service delivery, good governance, and/or accountability and oversight.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with civil society, local government officials, civic leaders, media, private sector representatives, and international donors.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills, with keen attention to interpersonal skills and effective communication.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with diverse teams and building partnerships.
• Demonstrated commitment to gender integration and social inclusion, including women, youth, and PWDs.
• Proficiency in English is preferred
As soon as possible
fulll time contract for the first 1 year and with possible for extension.Candidates please send CV to: email@example.com
with the title [MACDI1220] Consultant on Transparency and Accountability - Full name
no later than 15/01/2020
Contract term: fulll time contract for the first 1 year and with possible for extension.
Salary: Agreement Wage