Job Number: 534291 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Viet Nam
Work Type : Consultancy
For every child, education.
UNICEF Viet Nam is one of more than 190 offices of the United Nations Children’s Fund globally and part of the United Nations system in Viet Nam working in close collaboration with all UN agencies in the country.
UNICEF’s mission in Viet Nam is to make sure every child in the country is healthy, educated and safe from harm, therefore having the best start in life and a fair chance to reach her or his full potential and benefit from the country’s prosperity. We believe children have a right to live in a more equitable society, where their voices are heard and needs met as a matter of priority in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
UNICEF helps build a world where the rights of every child are fully realized. It is our conviction that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress.
UNICEF was created in 1946 to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path. It has global authority to influence decision-makers, and a wide variety of partners at grassroots level to turn the most innovative ideas into reality.
How can you make a difference?
Are you ready to use your talents to make the world a better place for Children?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you. We are seeking dynamic Vietnamese or Vietnam-based international candidates for our Consultant Registry.
How does the Consultant Registry work?
Experts with relevant experience who are available for short-term assignments are invited to register in the Consultant Registry following the guidance on submission below.
Experts who are registered in the Consultant Registry, are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise. Shortlisted candidates are contacted directly by the relevant team to check interest and availability. The selection process will then be conducted with available candidates.
- Candidates who are selected from the Registry will work on specific deliverables and with timeframes as determined by the office based on project needs and may range from 4 weeks to 11.5 months.
- The selected candidate will be issued a contract which is subject to UNICEF General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants/Individual Contractors hired by UNICEF.
- The length of the contract will depend on project needs and funding availability.
Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision and guidance of the relevant Programme Section Chiefs, work in close collaboration with UNICEF Country Office and external partners in providing sector-specific technical assistance. Target technical areas include:
- Develop project management log frames
- Statistics and Data analysis
- Draft Donor proposal and reports
- Draft policy and advocacy briefs
- Draft situation analysis reports based on studies and reports and available data
- Write reports in English to a high standard
- Create content for social media, including skilled with infographics
- Develop training and communication materials on areas such as immunization including cold chain system
- Develop technical protocols in health, nutrition and WASH related to COVID-19
- Develop research, survey, study protocols
- Conduct costing analyses of health, nutrition and WASH projects, programme, interventions
- Develop video clips
- Consolidate policy recommendations and key information from various reports
- Facilitate workshops and meetings and provide summary of meetings
- Develop partnership and engagement strategy for achievement of the SDGs for women and children
- Analyze corporate profiles / build network / identify potential contribution of private sector to achievement of SDGs for women and children
- Build databases for various purposes
- Conduct market analysis, and stakeholder analysis
- Designing, videography and photography – such as high quality brand video production; or Photo shooting; or Flycam (drone) for photos + video footages in the mountainous areas
- Content generation and management for social media
- Content production for campaign
- Web programming and development for campaign
- Graphic design for Key visual assets campaign
- Publication design
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced degree related to ‘target areas’ (above). Alternatively, a first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in at least one of the “target areas” with preferred experience in additional technical areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to facilitate and communicate effectively to technical and nontechnical audiences and contribute to an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and make sound, informed decisions. On the other hand, ability to work effectively in team, under pressure and in crisis situations.
- Experience working with the UN and/or a NGO is an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is a must.
- Availability for rapid deployment on short notice.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to the assigned requisition in UNICEF Vacancies: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of interest and updated CV.
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available).
- Financial proposal with your consultancy daily rate.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Closing Date : Wed, Sep-23-2020, 23:55:00 (GMT+0700)
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/10/2020UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
12/10/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
12/10/2020U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy Service for Providing Training on Business Planning and Pitching Skills for Start-up Youth/Entrepreneurs in Lao Cai ProvinceAide et Action (AEA)
07/10/2020Save the Children