TERMS OF REFERENCE VIDEO CASE STUDIES Project "Promoting Quality and Inclusive Early Childhood Care, Education (ECCE) and Parenting in Cambodia and Vietnam"
- Early Childhood Care Education • Access and Quality of Education for Primary and Secondary Levels • Lifelong Learning and Vocational Training
Terms of Reference
3.1. Scope of WorkUnder the supervision of the Regional and Country Project Managers and guidance of the Regional Communication Manager, the consultants will provide 2 high quality video case studies in each country on the identified project’s best practice in responsive parenting and child-centred teaching and learning methodologies. The videos will engage caregivers and teachers with the aim to highlight their best practices and technical know-how in the identified areas in order to inspire their peers from their neighbouring country. The consultant will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different social and cultural backgrounds. The consultant will ensure effective and efficient provision of services, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. In all activities Aide et Action commissions, consultants are to ensure dignity of subjects, particularly children. Aide et Action will:
- Undertake consultations with key stakeholders on topics of interest for learning from their peers in the neighbouring country;
- Research and develop field visits, work schedule and preselect potential stakeholders’ best practices to be documented by the filming company;
- Develop a concept plan and that includes: ○ guide questions for the interviews & demonstration of the subjects of the short videos; ○ background information on the proposed subjects; ○ suggested shot list for the videos required for the projects
- Provide transportation and field staff to support the filming company’s field visits to project locations.
3.2. Expected DeliverablesThe consultant will:
- Read, sign and adhere to all child protection policies and safeguarding policies;
- Travel to project locations to (1) film project’s best practice on selected topics, and (2) interview the selected subjects with assistance from Aide et Action field staff on their technical skills;
- Secure informed consent form (to be provided by Aide et Action) from every woman and man (as well as children) who were filmed;
- Be responsible for producing 2 video case studies that range between 10-15 minutes long and that will; ○ Video 1: showcase caregivers’ best practice in responsive parenting and supporting their children’s school readiness at home; ○ Video 2: showcase teachers’ best practice in child-centred teaching and learning methodologies and supporting school readiness.
- Particular focus on gender would be welcome.
3.3. Timeframe:The assignment is expected to be completed by May 2021. The consultant is expected to begin the assignment by the end of February 2021. The estimated time (excluding travel) will be 3 days of shooting in the field (locations to be determined).
3.4. Role and responsibilities of the consultantThe consultant will be given the following responsibilities: - Consult with AEA SEAC regional and country teams to understand the activity’s objectives and expectations for the videos. - Provide a time schedule and film scripts to AEA project managers for discussion and approval. - Film relevant scenes in the project’s locations that showcase stakeholders’ best practices and explain their technical know-how and tips in the documented best practices in the way of a tutorial. - Edit engaging videos that will be easily understood and absorbed by peer caregivers and teachers in the neighbouring country. - Collaborate with the professional translator that AEA would have recruited to caption the videos in Khmer, Vietnamese or English accordingly.
3.5. Competencies and qualifications of the consultantCompetencies: - Excellent communication skills - Excellent videography and photography skills and ability to deliver images that tell a story - Ability to work with a multicultural environment and a multidisciplinary team - Willingness to travel to project sites, no matter how remote - Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards - Positive, constructive attitude to work Required Skills and Experience - Educational background in photography, videography, journalism, communications, arts, media or any relevant field - Minimum two years of experience shooting video and photography for NGOs - Good communications skills and ability to conduct short interviews with subjects - Contributing extensively to national and international media outlets is an asset - Excellent communications skills especially written for putting together captions, photo essays etc - Excellent coordination, organizational/management and communication skills - Ability to travel and under tight time constraints - Capacity to provide necessary photography equipment - Preference to photographers with local language skills
3.6. BudgetThe prospective budget for the video production is USD 4,200 in each country, including shooting and editing. The budget does not include transportation or accommodation.
3.7. LocationThe consultant(s) will be based in the two countries of assignment, namely Cambodia and Vietnam, and travel to the project’s location to document the identified best practices, including Kep and/or Kandal provinces in Cambodia, and Lai Chau province in Vietnam.
3.8. Application process and Contact PersonInterested candidates must submit the following documents by February 26th 2021 to Ms. Socheat Neap in Cambodia, email: email@example.com; and by March 5th 2021 to Ms. Huong Tong in Vietnam, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A CV indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number)
- Contact details for two professional references
- Link to online portfolio
- Details of equipment
- Scope of work and financial proposal, as stating Daily Fee in USD for shooting and editing. No other costs should be included in the financial proposal at this stage
Please be informed that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further information and discussion. The recruitment process may end sooner if we find a suitable candidate to fill this position.
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children