🔎 MSD is looking for Consultant to Conduct a Survey on “Voluntary Local Review of Sustainable Development Goals in Vietnam”, Focusing on Community-Generated Data (CGD) Sources For the Project “Leave No-one Behind – CSO Engagement in SDG Monitoring Process”
⏰ EXTENDED DEADLINE: 10.8.2021
🔸 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can only be achieved when marginalised groups are not left behind, and the trust of citizens in official SDG data can only be achieved when they can meaningfully involve in developing those data. The LNOB Vietnam enhances CSOs’ responsibility towards the National Action Plan on SDGs in Vietnam by implementing the citizen-generated data collection project under the title “Leave No one Behind – CSO engagement in SDG Monitoring process” at sub-national level that focuses on marginalised groups at local authorities.
🔸 The data collection project will connect with a number of CSOs working in Vietnam, including both local and international ones, in order to produce a data harmonisation package on community’s specific situation and information by using a list of SDG indicators. The huge data package will be used to track issues and trends such as poverty or income over time, then to support the implementation of projects and programmes, and to monitor and evaluate the impact of interventions. The data also serves to understand the experiences, perceptions and needs of the communities whom civil society organizations work with, using tools such as surveys.
🔸 The project hence would like to recruit a consultant who has the high expertise in Sustainable Development; Community Development and Community Data Collection to take the responsibility of conducting a Vietnam SDGs Survey Report consisting of data surveyed from Vietnam citizens and CSOs working in Vietnam. The consultant will work with LNOB member organisations and a network of local CSOs to implement the data collection stage. The survey report will provide community-generated data on SDG indicators for the 2021 Voluntary Local Review of Sustainable Development Goals in Vietnam, supporting for the SDG evidence-based contributions and advocacies of LNOB Vietnam at local, national, regional and global levels.
◾️ Requirements and Responsibilities for Expert/Consultant
· Knowledge and experience in SDG or related development research is a must;
· Be familiar with the community and experience in conducting quantitative research in the SDGs is desirable
· Experience in conducting surveys, research or assessment with NGOs;
· Excellent written research and evaluation capacity;· Experience in conducting assessment or research for UN or Government agencies is an asset;
· Experience working in diverse regions of Vietnam, with NGOs, CBOs, NPOs and local authorities is an asset. Key Competencies, technical background, and experience required:
· Master degree with 6-10 years’ international experience/PhD degree with 4- 5 years’ international experience in survey research, social issues, community development, review, documentation and assessment of sustainable development;
· Expertise in statistical analysis: data processing and data analysis software;
· Understand SDGs process and development works of NGOs in Vietnam;
· Fluency in English and Vietnamese
Consultants/Experts must respect the confidentiality of the data.
➡️ For more information: https://rb.gy/s7qx4s
Interested experts/consultants are invited to submit their proposals via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 August 2021 (10.8.2021), using the subject line “MSD – LNOB consultant application”. The proposal should include:
✔️ Technical proposal:
▪️ Tender profile and relevant project’s datasheets
▪️ Understandings of the service
▪️ Detailed methodology and approach to the service
▪️ Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Résumé
▪️ Workplan and staffing plan
✔️ Financial proposal: Detail budget break down including consultation fee, travel expenses and other expenses which used for the researchLOCATION Hanoi
29/09/2021Save the Children
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children