Save the Children is the leading global independent organization for children. Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. Around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
SC has been supported by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited to implement the project “Maternal and Newborn Health for Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam” in four years, from March 2017 to April 2021. The overall goal of the project is to improve Maternal and Newborn Health for Ethnic Minorities in Dak Lak, Viet Nam.
To evaluate the achievements, effectiveness, sustainability and scalability of the implemented project activities, SC is seeking an individual consultant who will be responsible for developing a proposal for this evaluation, conducting data collection and analysis, and writing an evaluation report. The consultant will present the evaluation’s findings in the dissemination workshop with participation of relevant stakeholders in March 2021. The results will be also informed to the donor.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
Vacancy: An individual consultant to conduct End-line survey of Takeda project in Dak Lak
Location: Hanoi/ Dak Lak
- Review project documents (project description, partner reports, project reports, current monitoring and evaluation datasets, project proposal, M&E Plan, baseline and midterm survey tools and summary results, project progress reports, etc.).
- Develop a proposal including sample size and data collection methods consistent with the proposed evaluation design, and the corresponding data collection tools needed, including informed consent documents. This may involve conducting both qualitative and quantitative data collection such as household surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews and an extensive review of records and project documents including feedbacks raised throughout the project.
- Submit the proposal and revise the proposal as needed.
- Implement the various data collection activities specified in the evaluation design. This includes the following activities:
- Train data collectors and supervisors on the proper use of the data collection tools to be used for each type of data collection activity to be conducted.
- Develop and implement data quality control mechanisms for each type of data collection activity to be conducted.
- Collect the data using the different modes of data collection specified in the evaluation design.
- Process and analyze data gathered from the various data collection activities. This includes the following:
- Creation of an electronic database for each type of data collected for the evaluation. A copy of each electronic database created must be submitted to SC at the end of the assignment.
- Cleaning and validation of the data collected including the application of range and consistency checks.
- Generation of results like the computation of indicators and the construction of statistical tables and graphs, including comparisons with previous surveys
- Write the first draft and the final version of the evaluation report. The final version must include any modifications needed based on the comments given by SC and Technical Advisors during the presentation of the first draft. The first draft and final version of the evaluation report must be written both in English and Vietnamese. The final evaluation report will be also shared with the donor.
- The consultant will present the evaluation findings in the dissemination workshop attended by relevant stakeholders in March 2021.
The selected consultant will be required to deliver the following deliverables to SC:
- Proposal/protocol of the evaluation
- Data collection tools
- Data entry records
- Evaluation report
- Presentation on the evaluation’s findings
- Postgraduate degree in Medicine, Public Health or Social Science. Experience in Obstetrics and/or Pediatrics is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting studies in health projects
- At least 5 years of experience and use of qualitative and quantitative research methods (collection and analysis)
- Proven experience in conducting household surveys
- High English proficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, data analysis software (SPSS, STATA, EPIDATA, etc.).
The tentative duration for the evaluation from January to March 2021. The detail of timeline for each activity will be developed between SC and the consultant
The candidate should submit a technical proposal and a financial proposal and CV through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application is 17 pm on 24th December 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS