Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring
adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
Vacancy: Consultant to conduct project baseline and Minority Youth’s Needs survey
Location: 9 communes at Tran Yen district, Yen Bai Province
1. Scope of this baseline SURVEY
The main purpose of baseline survey is to capture current statuses of indicators which are designed to measured key outcomes of the project. Please see Annex 1 for a list of indicators that need baseline information.
1.2 Research Questions
This baseline survey seeks to answer the following research questions.
- What are the existing capacities and resources of local CSOs in terms of supporting social and economic empowerment of vulnerable minority youth, their engagement and active participation in decision making and in the promotion of gender equality?
- How are the current situation of youth on unemployment, employment to guarantee income, soft and employability skills, gender equality practicing as well as their level of participation in public issues of the community in the project sites?
- How does above situation impact the youths’ social – economic empowerment and participation?
- How do the answers to the above questions vary among youth of different sexes (young women, men and non-binary gender identities)?
- What are the specific needs of target youth on building capacities about gender equality, employability, entrepreneurship knowledge and skills?
- Does the project need to improve the implementation plan and methods basing on the survey’s key findings? If yes, please describe in detail what the project need to improve on the survey report.
- What are the risks toward project interventions and results? How to mitigate these risks and how is the project risk mitigation plan?
1.3 Call for proposals and suggested methodology
The project is seeking for a consultant, or team of consultants, or local research firm or organization (hereafter called ‘Consultant’) to help us answer the above research questions. The Consultant is expected to submit the following documents, which will be used for selection purpose.
Document: A detailed research protocol that describes how research questions would be answered.
Requirements: This document should include:
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Sampling methodology
- Time schedule
- Description of tools (not the tools themselves)
II. Qualifications & Experiences
- Have strong knowledge on children rights and youth issues and at least 10 years of experience in conducting studies, surveys, assessment and M&E related activities relating to children and youths, especially youths in mountainous areas, ethnic minority groups with proven records
- Legal registration organization/firm/institute.
- Able to allocate resource for a long term contract (up to 3 months)
- Key staff with advanced University Degree (Master) in international development, social sciences or a related discipline
- Key staff with excellent command of the English languages – both written and oral
- Some working experience with local governments, CSOs, business in start-up, employment and the socio-economic development of vulnerable minority youth, youths’ engagement and active participation in decision making and in the promotion of gender equality.
- Some working experience in Youth Employment, Gender Equality and non-of vulnerable children & youth in Vietnam
- Excellent skills in both qualitative and quantitative data analysis (Nvivo, Epidata, Stata).
- Familiar with developing survey using online form
Interested consultant(s) should send their profile to Save the Children International in Vietnam via Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org. The profile should include include CVs and Application form as attached.
The closing date for application is 5pm on 13th September, 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam