Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Consultant to conduct a rapid needs assessment on people’s understanding, beliefs and misinformation about the Covid-19 outbreak
- Location: Hanoi
The consultant will conduct a rapid needs assessment including:
- A desktop review on COVID-19 outbreak prevention including Risk Communication and Community Engagement.
- Research design which will enable the measurement of the different variables and indicators required.
- Modes of data collection to be conducted.
- Methods of selecting respondents for each mode of data collection to be implemented, including a detailed description of the sampling design to be used, if applicable.
- Sample size computation (if applicable).
- Data collection tools.
- Data quality control mechanisms to be implemented.
- Methods of data processing and storage, including a description of software’s to be used.
- Plans for data analysis, including dummy tables corresponding to each research objective.
- Proposed timetable of activities.
- Logistics and staffing.
- Detailed budget estimate.
Specific tasks include: Conduct a research including:
- Review Risk Communication and Community Engagement for COVID-19 outbreak prevention.
- Develop the research protocol and finalize data collection tools.
- Design a workplan for data collection, obtaining inputs from SC team.
- Conduct pre-test and finalize data collection tools.
- Draft and finalize guides for data collection tools, after SC review and approval.
- Facilitate training of data collectors if required.
- Conduct data collection with key informants (children above 10-year-old, people in service industry, workers, teachers, health staff, community people, etc…).
- Analyze results of the assessment.
- Prepare the research report. The final version must include any modifications needed based on the comments given by SC team and Technical Advisors during the presentation of the first draft. The final version of the research report must be written both in Vietnamese and in English.
- The consultant will present the research findings in a workshop organized by MOH for relevant stakeholders in Hanoi city.
Main competencies required
- Postgraduate degree in Medicine, Public Health or Social Science. Experience in Communicable Disease is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in conducting studies/research in health projects (including qualitative and quantitative methods).
- High English proficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, data analysis software (SPSS, STATA, EPIDATA…).
Please send your CV to Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org to apply.
The closing date for application is 5pm on 5 April 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
This recruitment is for responding the emergency request of Save the Children International in Vietnam, therefore, the interviews are ongoing whenever we receive the potential application.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW