Hire an individual consultant to design a brochure for project
Strengthening capacity for Civil Society Organizations on Child Rights Governance
Background on Save the Children
Save the Children (SC) is the leading global independent organisation for children. Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. Around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harms. When crisis strikes, and children are the most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
“Strengthening capacity for Civil Society Organizations on Child Rights Governance” is a 5year project under Child Rights Governance program, funded by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) through Save the Children Sweden. The overall objective of the project is a society where Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) have developed their skills and State actors have systematic dialogues with CSOs in order to take actions towards gaps identified in the CRC concluding observations. Through capacity building for CSOs, Save the Children (SC) and partners will nurture relationships and provide opportunities for CSOs and State actors to interact regarding implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) in Vietnam. SC and partners facilitate, mentor and provide platforms for networks at local, provincial and national levels to develop further. These networks of CSOs from various contexts, representing marginalised groups, will then become capable of monitoring children´s rights and be recognised as a relevant and credible discussion partner to the government actors.
Within the project’s framework, Save the Children worked closely with CSOs to empower and strengthen their confidence for constructive dialogues with the government. The organization also took the role of coordinating and enhancing existing child right networks at local, provincial and national levels to increasingly become inclusive and better prepared to take actions regarding child rights issues.
The objective of this Terms of Reference is to hire a qualified consultant to design a brochure to document the project’s approaches and key achievements during the period 2017-2021. This brochure is to document the key project interventions and achievements for sharing with the sponsors, government agencies and CRG networks what Save the Children and project partners has done so far to support for more capable and engaging Civil Society Organizations working on child rights in Vietnam.
The selected consultant is expected to (1) design brochure with high creativity and appealing visual to highlight activities and achievements towards outcomes and intermediate outcomes of the project (Bi-lingual in English and Vietnamese), and (2) consult technical specifications for best printing.
Please see the details in the TOR: Here
The consultant will conduct below tasks:
- Work with the project team to develop and agree on a detailed work plan, deliverables, and expectations (quality and content) of the final products of the assignment.
- Work with SC’s project team and communications team to develop ideas for the brochure. The design and contents of the brochure have to be approved by Save the Children.
- Comply with Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Data Protection and Safety and Security policies.
- Comply with donor’s and Save the Children’s brand guidelines.
Experience and skill set required
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in producing creative products (brochure, leaflet, magazine);
- Have experience in designing brochure or similar products for development projects, and working with local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and/or international nonprofit organizations (INGOs);
- Have skills in using graphic design tools, graphic software;
- Preferably have good English writing skill;
- Preferably have good knowledge on printing to be able to consult with the best technical specifications on the brochure.
- Be able to follow work schedule and deadlines.
Expected Deliverables: SC expects the following deliverables to be provided:
Format and style
01 version of brochure
design for printing
Bi-lingual Brochure design are created by selected consultant to be suitable with the content provided by project and communication team.
Content of Brochure (around 1000 words).
High resolution design files
Brochure style, size and other specifications for printing will be consulted by the selected consultant
|01 version of brochure design for digital use.||A digital version with 16:9 ratio for creating video later||
High resolution design files
Estimated start date: 15 September 2021
Estimated finished date: 15 October 2021
Total number of working days: 7 working days
How to apply for the services
The candidate should submit his/her application through email address: email@example.com including the following documents:
- CV showing experience working for at least 2 similar projects
- At least 2 printout samples for similar projects
- Financial proposal (in Vietnamese Dong and including PIT)
The deadline for responses is: 10 September 2021 (5:00PM)
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross