|TBD||Position Title:||Consultant to finalize the project implementation manual (PIM)|
|Project Name:||USAID Sustainable Forest Management|
|Billing Code:||Contract No:|
|Period of Performance:||June – July, 2021|
|Remaining Work Days: (Research, Report Writing)||25|
|Total Level of Effort:||25|
DAI Organization and Values:
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Location: Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri and Quang Nam
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. The Project will implement a “Green Prosperity” approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
The Project will work in seven provinces (Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri and Quang Nam) and focus on five objectives:
1. Improve and expand community forest management
2. Increase conservation-friendly enterprises in forest-dependent communities
3. Increase functionality of law enforcement system for forest crimes
4. Improve production forest management practices
5. Mobilize domestic resources for forest management and protection
The Project will be implemented during the period 2020-2025 by DAI in collaboration with RECOFTC and Preferred by Nature as partners, with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) as the counterpart and the Management Board of Forestry Projects (MBFP) as project owner.
- Work with MBFP, DAI and WWF teams to agree on workplan, deliverable and other works related to the consultancy.
- Proof-read the whole draft PIM.
- Format PIM in accordance with the format prescribed by the Government of Vietnam.
- Work with units under the MARD to collect, synthesize, explain, and provide feedback comments on the draft PIM from: Department of International Cooperation, Department of Personnel, Department of Finance, General Department of Forestry, Department of Planning, VNFF, provincial authorities and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the consultation meeting to seek comments on the draft PIM.
- Revise PIM and complete as a basis for submission to the leaders MARD for approval.
- Prepare final PIM in both English and Vietnamese and submit to MARD for approval.
|Work with MBFP, DAI and WWF teams to agree on workplan, deliverable and other works related to the consultancy.||Work Plan||
|By the first week after signing the contract|
|Proof-read the whole draft PIM||
|Format PIM in accordance with the format prescribed by the Government of Vietnam.||Formatted and edited PIM (1st payment)||
|By the third week after signing the contract|
|Work with units under the MARD to collect, synthesize, explain, and provide feedback comments on the draft PIM from: Department of International Cooperation, Department of Personnel, Department of Finance, General Department of Forestry, Department of Planning, VNFF, provincial authorities and stakeholders.||First draft PIM with a brief note indicating specific comments from reviewers and associated responses (2nd payment)||
|Facilitate the consultation meeting to seek comments on the draft PIM.||
|By June 30, 2021|
|Revise PIM and complete as a basis for submission to the leaders MARD for approval.||
|By July 10, 2021|
|Prepare final PIM in both English and Vietnamese and submit to MARD for approval.||Final PIM to submit to MARD for approval (final payment)||
|By July 20, 2021|
- Vietnamese National
- At least 10 year-experience in developing and finalizing regulations on organization and implementation of projects, project documents, project handbooks, manuals, and PIMs preferably.
- Understanding of Vietnamese regulatory documents.
- Experienced in working with units under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and localities.
- Experience working for foreign ODA projects.
- Fluent in Microsoft office applications such as word and excel.
HOW TO APPLY AND REQUESTED DOCUMENTS:
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- A CV in English and Vietnamese
- A cover letter in English indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of at least three referees
- Scanned copy of highest related degrees
- Similar consultancy projects completed before either in English or Vietnamese
- Technical proposal in English and Vietnamese to carry out this consultancy assignment (Detailed approach and implementation plan)
to our recruitment email at VietnamSFM@dai.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line: “Application for Consultant to finalize the Project Implementation Manual for the Sustainable Forest Management and Biodiversity Conservation projects – SHORT TERM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE” Deadline for application: 5.00pm (Hanoi time), June 04, 2021
To learn more about DAI, please visit our website www.dai.com.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank