INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO CONDUCT AN MID-TERM EVALUATION FOR PROJECT
“LGBT children and youth in Vietnam have access to education, health and social services”
Save the Children is the leading global independent organisation for children. Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. Around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our vision: A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Our mission: To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Our values: Accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
We are committed to ensuring our resources are used as efficiently as possible, in order to focus them on achieving maximum impact for children.
Save the Children has been implementing the project “LGBT Children and Youth in Vietnam Have Access to Education, Health and Social Services” (The Project) in the Mekong Delta since 2019. The overall objective of the project is that LGBT children and youth are better included into society with better access to education, employment, health, housing and political participation. SC and its partners facilitate, mentor and provide capacity building for personnel of government organizations to support LGBT children and youth to live in a safe, friendly and non-discriminatory environment when using health, education and social services. SC and partners are also building a platform to engage LGBT youth and children to learn about their rights, improve their knowledge about themselves and empower them to raise their voice.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Individual consultant to provide technical support to conduct an Mid-term evaluation for project “LGBT children and youth in Vietnam have access to education, health and social services
- Location: Ho Chi Minh, Can Tho and An Giang province.
- Review project documents (project description, partner reports, project reports, current monitoring and evaluation datasets, project proposal, M&E Plan, etc.).
- Develop a proposal including sample size and data collection methods consistent with the proposed evaluation design, and the corresponding data collection tools needed, including informed consent documents. This may involve conducting both qualitative and quantitative data such as surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews and an extensive review of records and project documents including feedbacks raised throughout the project. This may include pre-test for all the toolkits if needed. The supplier is encouraged to use Kobo for data collection.
- Submit the proposal and revise the proposal as needed.
- Implement the various data collection activities specified in the evaluation design.
- Report on the progress of the evaluation on a weekly basis, including evaluation plan, risks and issues and request support (if needed);
- Process and analyze data gathered from the various data collection activities.
- Write the first draft and the final version of the mid-term evaluation report. The final version must include any modifications needed based on the comments given by SC and Technical Advisors during the presentation of the first draft. The first draft and final version of the evaluation report must be written both in English and Vietnamese. The final evaluation report will be also shared with the donor.
- Self-manage the budget for participants' gifts, data collectors, data entry and logistics. Consultant will have a responsibility to work in accordance with SC’s Safeguarding policy, information confidentiality principles, and research ethics Experience and skill set required
The national or local professional should have:
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting studies on children or youth issues.
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting M&E related activities on Child Rights, Child Rights Governance. Additional experience with gender/LGBT+ research and study is preferred
- Familiar with developing survey using online form (e.g. Kobo toolbox)
- Good skills in both qualitative and quantitative data analysis (Nvivo, Epidata, SPSS, Stata).
- Knowledge about the thematic area of Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression and Sexual Characteristics, and understanding about LGBT+ youth groups in Southern Vietnam is a clear advantage.
- Willingness to discuss and cooperate with SC staff for achieving the best survey results.
- Good English language skills.
The selected consultant will be required to deliver the following deliverables to SC:
- Proposal/protocol of the evaluation
- Data collection tools
- Data entry records
- Evaluation report
- Presentation on the evaluation’s findings
The tentative duration for the evaluation from June to August 2021. The detail of timeline for each activity will be developed between SC and the consultant.
The candidate should submit a technical proposal and CVs through email address: email@example.com
The closing date for application is 9:00 a.m. on 14th June 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank