INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO REVIEW AND UPDATE THE SCHOOL HEALTH AND NUTRITION (SHN) MANUAL FOR TEACHERS
Save the Children is the leading global independent organisation for children founded in 1919 and working around the world to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. In Viet Nam, we have been working since 1990 and have made efforts to protect and support the most vulnerable children to achieve their rights to survival, education, protection, healthy environment and development. We focus on the most deprived and most marginalized children who have been left behind.
Save the Children has been implementing a School Health and Nutrition (SHN) project funded by Mars Wrigley Foundation since 2011 in collaboration with MOET, MOH and Department of Education and Training of Ha Dong district, Hai Phong city, Ho Chi Minh city, and Tien Giang province. The project has been working with 84 schools and has reached more than 90,000 children with many school-based activities such as communication events, extra classes, community meetings with parents to share about school health and nutrition care, including oral health care, as well as renovating latrines and hand washing areas to improve the learning environment at select schools.
The project will continue until March 2022 and includes implementation of a comprehensive school package to improve health and nutrition status among students. The two main objectives of the project include: 1) Age-appropriate personal hygiene practices of students in project schools are improved, with a focus on oral health care, handwashing, health and nutrition; and 2) The project model is scaled up to non-project schools, at least in project provinces.
We are looking for a Vietnamese consultant for:
- Vacancy: Individual consultant to provide technical support to review and update the school health and nutrition (SHN) manual for teachers.
- Location: Ha Noi
The consultant is expected to provide these services within 25 working days from July to August, 2021, all task will be in Ha Noi. The consultant will:
- Work with MOET and MOH specialists to review the SHN manual
- Collect comments/opinions/feedback on the SHN manual from MOET and MOH specialists
- Collect comments/opinions/feedback on the SHN manual from project schools through Ha Dong BOET, Hai Phong and Tien Giang DOET
- Incorporate comments/opinions/feedback into the review process of the SHN manual
- Update contents of topics in the SHN manual
- Prepare a presentation on the updated SHN manual for introduce the updated SHN manual in the 2021 Conference on SHN Work from 2016 to 2020 organized by MOET or MOH.
Experience and skills required
- Postgraduate degree in Medicine, Public Health or Social Science
- At least 5 years of experience in reviewing manuals, materials on health topics
- Experience in coordination with MOET and MOH specialists
- Candidates from the Physical Education Department of MOET or the Vietnam Health Environment Management Agency (VIHEMA), Ministry of Health (MOH) is preferred.
The selected consultant will be required to deliver the following deliverables to SC:
- The SHN with the contents reviewed and updated
- The presentation on the updated SHN manual
The tentative duration for the review and update of the SHN manual is from July to August, 2021.
How to apply for the services
The candidate should submit a finalcial proposal and CVs through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for responses is: 1st July 2021 (05:00PM)
Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Organisation Name: Save the ChildrenLocation: Ha Noi
Application Deadline: Thu, 2021-07-01Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation