Position: 1 consultant/trainer
Duration & timing: From 15 – 31 March 2020
Duty station: in Hanoi.
Reporting: German Red Cross Head of Project Office in Vietnam
GRC and Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) are in partnership to implement the “FbF Ready” project coping with heat waves impacts in Hanoi. The goal of the project is the identification of early actions that can reduce these health impacts of heat waves, with a special focus on groups that are particularly affected such as the elderly, children, people with disability, people with chronic disease and street worker.
Last August, , based on the forecast information from IMHEN, VNRC and GRC tested early actions to reduce human health risk due to extreme heat. The early actions include operating temporary and mobile cooling centers as well as visiting slums to communicate preventive measures on heat impact on health and distribute cool water and towel to the most vulnerable and exposed people. This test aimed to enhance the capacities of the VNRC volunteers to manage the facilities and to provide good care to visitors. After the test, VNRC/GRC have finalized the tent/bus caring protocol and trained a number of VNRC trainers on the Standing Operational Procedure (SOP) so that the trained staff will conduct further trainings for community volunteers. The SOP includes the different phases
to welcome and care for the visitors and is supported by illustrations depicting the actions to be performed by the volunteers.
Initial trainings of VNRC trainers highlighted their general lack of facilitation skills especially with regard to adopting a motivating and people centred-approach to training and learning.
The GRC and VNRC would like to contract a consultant. The general purpose of this consultancy is to enhance and finalize a training methodology and package to efficiently train VNRC trainers on the SOP for cooling centres management and provision of care to visitors.
More specifically, the consultant will:
– Design a training methodology and package for the VNRC trainers in SOP. This package and methodology will provide advises and practical tools to the VNRC trainers to deliver a training to volunteers with a people-centred approach. The training approach aims to motivate volunteers, convey the Red Cross values and the roles and
responsibilities of caring for visitors while ensuring that the technical aspect of the SOP are well understood.
– Cooperate with VNRC/GRC team to conduct a ToT training for Red Cross staff. By the end of the training, VNRC staff will be capable and confident to prepare and conduct a training for volunteers at community level on the SOP with the key following skills.
– Applying a people centred- approach and a participatory training methodology adapted to adults.
– Creating motivation, engaging with volunteers and conveying the value of Red Cross the value and responsibilities of caring for beneficiaries.
5. Required qualification, skills and expererience
- Having proven experience in designing and conducting similar training courses
- Having a degree in related field
- Having practical experiences (at least 10 years) in participatory and learner – centered training methodology.
- Be familiar in working and leading group processes with participants from different levels
- The applicant should have significant experience (at least 10 years) int raining and facilitation
- Previous experience working with the Red Cross Red Cressent is preffered
- Fluency in written in English is Vietnamese.
6. Application Procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their offer in either in English or Vietnamese consisting of a CV and Technical and financial offer to email@example.com (email only). The financial offer should indicate clearly the Net and Gross calculation in VND currency with all cost inclusive. All submissions must be received by 7th March 2020 at 17:00 Hanoi time.
Please note that only candidates under consideration shall be contacted.
*Child Protection: German/Red Cross is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world. Applicants are advised that German Red Cross reserves the right to screen candidates to ensure a child-safe environment. Further information can be found in the German Red Cross child protection policy.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam