Helen Keller International (HKI) in Vietnam looking for a local independent consultant to provide Training on Nutrition, WASH and Communications Skills in Hoa Binh and Lai Chau.
INTRODUCTIONHKI-Vietnam is a US non-governmental organization established in Vietnam in 2004. Its mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs grounded in evidence-based research in eye health and nutrition. To address the nutrition and food security challenges in targeted project area, HKI-Vietnam has been implementing the project: “Scaling up Improved Household Food Security and Nutrition through Enhanced Homestead Food Production in Vietnam” in Lai Chau and Hoa Binh provinces from 2017 to 2021. The project is funded by the Irish Aid with the ultimate goal is to improve the nutrition of mothers and children under two years of age in Lai Chau and Hoa Binh provinces. Among the project activities, establishing the network of village facilitators and building capacity for them with knowledge on nutrition and hygiene, and skills on facilitation and communications are the key elements of the project. After such trainings, together with further technical support from the project staff, the village facilitators are expected to be capable of organizing and implementing awareness-raising and behaviour change activities for their community members toward good communication, nutrition and hygiene practices. This consultancy service is designed to seek qualified consultant, who is capable of providing Essential Nutrition Actions (ENAs) and Essential Hygiene Actions (EHAs)/WASH combined with facilitation and communications skills for district/commune/village facilitators in Hoa Binh and Lai Chau province. After the trainings, it is expected that the facilitators are able to bring the trained knowledge and skills into practice in form of small-group communications and home counselling visits within their villages.
SCOPE OF WORK1. Services: The consultant will be responsible for preparing detailed Training Agenda with specific training schedule and contents, and necessary training materials including hand-outs, pre- and post-tests. Training materials cover topics on nutrition, ENA, WASH, communication and facilitation skill, with the following main topics (Trainers can revise and adapt training materials from the existing materials of HKI on ENA and WASH. The final materials will be submitted to HKI for review and approval before the trainings): 1.1. Knowledge: o Optimal breastfeeding o Adequate complementary feeding o Nutrition care of sick and malnourished children o Women’s nutrition o Control of vitamin A deficiency and control of iodine deficiency disorders o Control of anaemia o Practices promote for WASH (Water supply – Sanitation – Hygiene), such as: 6 steps of hand washing, sanitation in agricultural production, composting, using hygienic latrines etc. 1.2. Skills: o How to effectively facilitate community activities such as communication sessions and other village events o How to effectively communicate educational messages to community. These facilitation and communication skills are practiced using the above-mentioned knowledge on nutrition and WASH
- The consultant will be responsible for 02 field trainings(3 days/training), one in Lac Son district (Hoa Binh province) and one in Tam Duong district (Lai Chau province). Each training consists of around 30 selected participants, who are village nutrition/agricultural facilitators, village model farmers, Women/Farmer Union staff, health workers from commune health centers and district health centers. Trainees are mostly ethnic minority people (H’mong in Lai Chau and Muong in Hoa Binh), who may not be fluent in Vietnamese. Thus, trainers are asked to use active training methods in which games and role-play practice are integrated to provide the knowledge.
- The consultant will be responsible for submitting to HKI a training report 1 week after each training.
- The Consultant is directly accountable to the Project Manager and the Country Director during this consultancy period.
The consultants who are interested in providing the services, please submit cover letter with proposed gross rate and CV, and other documents as mentioned in the ToR.
To: Helen Keller International Vietnam Room 305-306, A2 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam Email: Vietnam.firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: DLam@hki.org ; PNgoc@hki.org ; Nnhu@hki.org.
The deadline for application submission is 15 March 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)