TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR Proofreading services
1. BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is one of the six major political foundations in the Federal Republic of Germany, tasked primarily with conducting political education for progressive social development both at home and abroad. The Stiftung is closely linked to the German Left Party, DIE LINKE. Since its founding in 1990, the Stiftung’s work has adhered to the legacy of its namesake, German socialist leader Rosa Luxemburg, and seeks to represent critical thinking and democratic socialism with an unwavering internationalist focus.
The Hanoi office of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Southeast Asia embraces a mission of supporting the transformation of countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar into participatory, socially just, and ecologically sustainable societies. The RLS SEA Hanoi office opened its doors in April 2009 and currently cooperates with around 15 partner organizations, including academic institutions, universities, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, government institutions, and parliaments.
RLS Southeast Asia regularly publishes political analyses and working papers on current and relevant topics from the Mekong Region. Together with our partners, we shed light on different opinions and introduce perspectives on pressing social and ecological questions and challenges. The publications are categorized according to topics from Social justice, Social –ecological transformation, International dialogue, Political Analysis, Labour. Please visit our website for further information: www.rosaluxhanoi.org. Besides to the publications, RLS SEA also produces several communication materials.
Therefore, we require the proofreading service to ensure proper presentation and dissemination of information related to publications as well as other communication materials.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The proofreading services include but not limited to the following tasks:
- To check the accuracy of using English in all kinds of documents while maintaining the authors’ writing style to the extent practical;
- To correct errors where necessary and suggest possible improvements in clear and native English;
- To ensure that the meaning is not altered because of editing (and if such is necessary to discuss proposed change with RLS SEA);
- To eliminate repetition and inconsistencies;
- To liaise with RLS SEA for discussion and agreement on the correction and edition.
3. EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
The high quality printing reading professional proofread documents.
Documents are proofread using the ‘track changes’ function of Microsoft Word.
Corrections, suggestions and comments are shown in the right-hand margin.
4. DURATION OF FRAMEWORK CONTRACT
RLS SEA intends to enter into a 3-year framework agreement with the consultant(s) and shall provide specific deliverables and time frames for each task when required. During the duration of the framework contract, consultant(s) shall provide the required services at prescribes prices or provisions. RLS SEA has the rights to terminate the framework contract at any time if the performance of the consultant does not meet its requirements.
5. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONSULTANT(S)
RLS requires the consultant(s) will possess the following qualifications:
- Being native English speaker;
- Holding advanced qualifications;
- Having at least 5 year of working experience in proofreading services
Competencies and special skill requirement:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Demonstrate strong written communication, research and analytical and ability to rapidly integrate information from various sources.
- Familiar with the concept of development and evaluation in particular is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable of NGOs work is preferable
- Ability to work in track changes in Word and Pdf files.
- Technical skills in production, editing, and ability to write quickly, clearly and concisely in English.
- Ability to deliver on time as committed and be responsive to all communications from RLS SEA.
- Having knowledge in various fields of study especially in the topics of RLS SEA is preferable;
6. CONSULTANCY FEE / PROPOSAL
A competitive consultancy package will be offered to the consultant based on their qualifications and experience. RLS would like to invite interested consultant teams to submit:
- Your English CVs, including name and contact details of two recent references;
- A financial proposal stating your desired proofreading rate per page of 350 words.
Contact person: Ms. Nguyen Le Hang – Office Manager - at the e-mail address email@example.com
- Deadline of submission: 31 July, 2021 to the above mentioned e-mail address.
- Further information can be obtained by email. Inquiries are only accepted before the deadline. Please refrain from phone inquiries.
We only consider applications meeting all above required conditions.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank