Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
Location: Lao Cai
1. Scope of works
Save the Children is seeking a qualified consultant to conduct this baseline assessment. Main deliverables will include:
- Developing the research protocol and data collection tools
- Recruiting and training enumerators
- Conducting data entry, data cleaning and data analysis
- Reviewing existing data and reports for incorporation into the survey report
- Write a final report including an executive summary (in both English and Vietnamese), covering all four sub-outcomes and required indicators, as well as providing recommendations for future preventions and suggesting realistic targets for endline.
In the whole process of this consulting service, the consultant will receive technical and logistical support from Save the Children in Vietnam.
2. Key research questions
The baseline survey will answer the key questions as follows:
- What is the status for all outcome and sub-outcome indicators under child protection program?
- What should be done to improve child protection/child rights issues in the project impact area in term of 4 sub-outcomes?
- What should be the target for the end-line status?
3. Timeline and Deliverables
Timeline: We expect the consultant’s work to begin as soon as possible, ideally in November 2020.
- By 15 November: Plan (protocol) and data collection tools
- Third week of November: Training materials for enumerators are finalized and all enumerators are trained on data collection.
- Third week of November: All research team are inducted by SC focal point on child safeguarding policy.
- Fourth week of November and first week of December: Field data collection
- Key takeaways from field data collection are shared with SC staff right after finishing field work
- Audio files/minutes of all the group discussions
- All qualitative and quantitative data sets, together with all data analysis scripts (syntax file)
- First draft report by the third week of December
- Final baseline report (in both Vietnamese and English) by the end of December
4. Consultants’ qualifications:
- At least 5 years of proven work experience in the filed child rights and child protection
- At least 5 years of relevant and practical experience in doing quantitative, qualitative research and report writing
- Master/Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., social sciences, public health…
- English language skills
- Good computing skills preferred (Excel, Epidata, SPSS, Stata)
Interested consultant(s) should send their profile to Save the Children International in Vietnam via Vietnam.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The profile should include include CVs, Application form as attached and Study concept note with estimated budget. Selection will be made based on the quality of concept note and the candidate’s relevant work experience.
The closing date for application is 5pm on 20th October, 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)